General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Random Horn Blairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Horn Blairing

The other day I was up playing in the snow, my buddy threw a snow ball at me and it went in my 97 disco 1 and blew up all over my steering wheel and instrument cluster to the best of my ability struggled to try and dry it all out. A half hour went by with the truck off (keys were in the ignition but in the off position, only had hella aux lights on) and my horn went off like someone was pushing on it my alarm was not active and the horn was constant. When i tried to get it to stop i started and shut off the truck, set the alarm, and finally pushed on the horn and it stopped. Later that night i was drivng out of the woods and while cruising down the road it started blairing again, i did the same thing to get it to stop(pushing on the horn), im curious if anyone might know what is going on? I have the feeling the horn connections in the steering wheel need to be cleaned but when i told my land rover mechanic about he told me not to cause the air bag could go off. Any ideas on this would be great considering how much he wants to charge!!!!!! Ive owned my truck for nearly 2 years and it has been very reliable and hardly any problems except some electrical problems(headache).