General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Range Rover Classic immobilised

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:10 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover Classic immobilised

The battery on my 1992 Range Rover has died, and this seems to have made theimmobiliser cut in. The key fob no longer works, so Ican't disarm the immobiliser and now have a couple of tons of useless metal on the drive.

Hopefully there's a way to reset these systems without the key fob in such emergencies- does anyone know?Presumably it's a standard factory-fit unit - it's a 1992 3.9l Vogue SE, andthe key fob bears the LandRover logo, but it looks very much like a Scorpion unit. Ideally I'd like to remove it completely to prevent this happening again.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Range Rover Classic immobilised

There is a way to reset them and I don't know what it is. You might go to DiscoWeb.ogr and post the same question, you should get a reply from one of them.
Mike

Old 01-09-2007, 06:26 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Range Rover Classic immobilised

Thanks, I've cross-posted there now - hopefully someone will have the answer. This system is the type that has a buttonless fob (you just squeeze the centre of the casing) and I pre-dates the type that has "Key Access Codes" that can be entered using the key in the driver's door. I get the distinct impression that it's much more like a generic after-market addition than the ECU-integrated systems on later models, so it should be quite feasible to fully remove it if disarming isn't possible.

The original supplying dealer has confirmed that there is no KAC but as LR don't advise the removal of the alarm they apparently have no official procedure for it, andI'm not allowed to get advice directly from the mechanics for "safety reasons".

I have now found a way to get the engine started so I'm no longer completely stranded, but it's a temporary kludge rather than a proper solution.