General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rover team.. ASSEMBLE! Need a new fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rover team.. ASSEMBLE! Need a new fuel line

I'll give a quick background story on this first. So the Rage Rover was leaking gas from right behind the engine. I pull off the intake manifold and the ignition coil pack so I could see the fuel rail and disconnect the line. Once I pull the line off I realized someone had done a repair job on the line and wrapped it in tape. The repair job under the tape actually looked pretty decent, but it was probably old and not holding the pressure of the line anymore. Needless to say I need a new fuel line.. this has turned out to be the real problem. I've scoured the internet, called the local rover shop, called the dealership and no one can seem to find this line. It runs from the fuel rail to a few feet in front of the gas tank. It also has an air line that is connected to it. I've attached a picture to help identify it for anyone that can help. The problem with the P38 fuel lines is that they apparently had multiple setups between the 95-02 years. Also here is the last 8 of my VIN (YA429646) since the lines I have found are VIN specific, but just don't fit mine. Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on the enigma of the 2000 P38 fuel line. Maybe if I'm lucky DiscoMike will see this and point me in the right direction..

Attached Thumbnails Rover team.. ASSEMBLE!  Need a new fuel line-fuel-line-v2.jpg  

Last edited by Vinndego; 07-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Will Tillery will fix you up, or Paul Grant

Last edited by NickAdams; 07-18-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to suggest Paul Grant
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Overlanding

Do Will and Paul work together? I haven't gotten much back from Paul yet.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

You can probably just make your own from copper/nickel brake line from NAPA.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
You can probably just make your own from copper/nickel brake line from NAPA.
If its a Bosch engine there is some sort of silly quick connect where the flexible line at the fuel rail attaches.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

It's hard for me to follow the online parts diagrams for fuel pipes on these. It likes like the part MIGHT be WJP108240

Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

PM me your whole VIN and and I'll see what I can come up with.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Overlanding

From looking at other information apparently someone posted on another thread that the part number you gave me is for p38's with a VIN ending in YA430702 and higher.. mine ends in YA29846.. :'(

Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Overlanding

I know the VIN numbers don't match up, but #1 on this website is EXACTLY what my fuel line looks like!!!
Allbrit.de - Ersatzteile für LAND ROVER & MG ROVER

Old 07-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Overlanding

I took a look at your link ( http://www.allbrit.de/UNI.cfm?PAGE=827079&FORK=566444&SPRACHE=EN ), and they confirm.
Essentially: …from XA410482 forward, the fuel line part # is WJP108240. (Part# WJP108130 changes to WJP108240).
(While the XA and YA in the VIN are prominent as year indictors, this has been an issue in the catalogue, the key is the last 6, being the build sequence)
Unfortunately, this part and all supercessions are no longer available.
I checked both the old and new numbers on our National Locater, and check for any other Land Rover # cross-references, with no positive results.
I checked my aftermarket sources to no avail.
At this point, my options are limited.

If the line has been breached, I would NOT favor a repair. The high-pressure fuel system just rules this out.
If I had a vehicle in the shop facing this, my options would be limited to pre-owned.
One thing to our advantage is that failures in this are very rare, so finding a GOOD line is not that bad.
The downside is that many yards just won’t deal with this kind of part, or won’t be familiar with it.
I’m going to point you towards www.carcannibal.com . The folks there know Rovers, and are easy to deal with.

Sorry that we can’t supply this, but we do hope that we can help in the future with other needs.

Thank You.

This came from the parts and service director at the Colorado Springs Land Rover dealership. Apparently those places are good for something.. lol.

Quick Reply: Rover team.. ASSEMBLE! Need a new fuel line