General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Waiting 10 months for a new RR order

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 01:49 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting 10 months for a new RR order

I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out where to post this since there doesn't seem to be a "general" discussion forum anymore, so I guess I'll post it here.

I ordered an SV Autobiography with factory matte paint job in the first week of March 2021.

According to the build progress, it was completed 2nd week of June.

First delivery date was September 15. Then they informed me it would be November 12. And today they've informed me it wont be here until December 3.

This car was built in June. I've called Land Rover North America (and Europe) and escalated it to some support email person who just blamed "Covid" and "lack of chips" and the fact that "Autobiographies are harder to build".

None of these explanations seem valid as the car was done in June. They tell me there's nothing they can do, and tell me to follow up with my "local retailer" (Land Rover Chandler Arizona) who just tells me I need to talk to Land Rover North America.

Land Rover North America says only the local retailer can do something to compensate for this. Local retailers says they aren't going to do anything for me. Nobody seems to care that this car has sat in a parking lot, finished, for nearly 7 months without being put on a boat.

Considerations: I bought this car intentionally early 2021 so it would retain its value longer. I am now getting 2021 practically in 2022, yet still paying $195,000 full price, and the vehicle will have already lost tens of thousands in value because of this delay.

Is there anything I should do in a situation like this? Do I have any rights to request anything as compensation?

Thank you.