LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 after one week

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice LR2...love the color. Do those have low range?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
4wd Low

Greg;

I'm not sure on the tires at the CCNS but I'll try and find out for you. I need to head up that way in a week or two and will stop by and ask. There's a fantastic new French Bakery/Boulangerie in Wellfleet of all places that is really making noise and I'm dying to check it out.

I'm hoping to take mine over to Nantucket in a few weeks and go out to Great Point. If I do I'll post pics.

As for gas I've only put in 87 octane and that's what all my mileage is based upon. I asked about premium because that is what I put in my BMW and the dealer said 87 is fine and this has been confirmed by a few local owners. I'd be curious to note your experience.

Cheers!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CopperMtnGuy
Nice LR2...love the color. Do those have low range?
Do any LR2s have a low range? I wasn't aware it was offered.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Mudding

I didn't think it was. But who knows...if they do....that gets the wheels turning...

Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 PM
5th Gear

Cape Codder: thanks! I'll probably be out there sometime before Memorial Day so I'll stop in Wellfleet if I get a chance.

CopperMtnGuy: definitely no low range, but it seems like Land Rover is doing some interesting things with the dual cam shaft profiles and variable valve timing to maximize traction depending on the Terrain Response Setting. I don't think it's a boulder climber, but it's been fantastic in the mud, in crossing small streams, and in handling the flooding that MA experienced in March. Does any one know more about the details on how TRS works, or is Rover tight-lipped about it?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Mudding

I know the TRS in my LR3 well...but not so much the LR2.

Maybe I should get a brochure.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:38 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by gregrmay
Cape Codder! I'm new to the forum and to LR2 ownership (about a month now) and love the vehicle. Would you happen to know if the LR2 can drive the Cape Cod National Seashore Oversand Beach (Race Point to Truro)? I've got the Continental 235/55R19 tires, but from this website it seems like they may not meet the official requirements. I really want to take the LR2 on sand this spring, and I guess I'm hoping that if you're in the area, you may have tried this already. Thanks for whatever help you can offer.
Hey Greg;

I stopped by the Cape Cod National Seashore visitor center and they pointed me to the same web address you reference. One thing to note is the spare tire also has to meet the qualifications for over sand driving. I don't think the spare that comes with the LR2 satisfies that requirement but I'm not certain. Just going by the chart I don't think your tires satisfy the requirements overall either which sucks. It looks like the minimum in your case would be 235/65 R16.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards,

CC

Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the terrain response system doesnt really do anything, it just tells other systems to do stuff differently. that is, make the abs react differently, give you slower throttle response and different transmission shift points in snow, or quicker throttle in sand. it is a very good system in the way it works, and it works well. but in the end, it just has the other systems optimize the way that they work for different terrains that you might face

Old 05-13-2010, 06:52 PM
4wd High

I just finished a 2 year lease on an LR2. It never got stuck, ran beautifully in every scenario. We traded up to a LR4, I'm still trying to adjust.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 AM
5th Gear

Well, after CC's note, I decided to take my chances with the inspection anyway and they granted me an oversand permit at Race Point! Had some great fun today, even at 20 psi. The sand is deep and loose here, and I'm still getting a handle on when to switch between the mud/ruts setting and the sand. The LR2 did great, though there was one challenging hill that demanded bringing the tire pressure down to 10-12 psi. The weather is supposed to be amazing here for the next week (right, CC?), so I suspect I'll try to get the most out of my week's pass.

Spotted the Boulangerie also, CC, and was surprised to see a line out the door! Is that at the end of the Cape's bike path?

Quick Reply: LR2 after one week