LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:35 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LR2 issues? hot restart issue

I had the hot restart issue with my LR2 and I found out there is a software upgrade that fixes the trouble. I had Horburg in Beverly Hills do the the software download and my LR2 is now perfect with no more warm restart trouble. I also had them reload the the software to the radio as sometimes the radio would be on but no sound. The software reload fixed that trouble too. Tell your dealer that you want the warm restart software fix put on your LR2.

M

Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: LR2 issues?

Just had a 4200 milr trip in our LR2 - only real 'issue' was that the left front pressure sensor stopped working for about 1/2 day then started working again - now 2000 miles later still working. I was happy to learn that the display reported the problem including the location.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 PM
8th Gear

Thank you for the 411 on the software update. I will ask for it and see what they have to say as well. I have an appointment with Symes in Pasadena on Thurs. Will keep you posted.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Drifting

Yes, thanks for the mention of the software. Took mine to The Automaster last week. They'd never heard of the problem, so I printed your post and gave it to them! They loaded the software upgrade as well as performed her first service. The dealer's biggest problem right now is that folks who bought the LR2 and are having even minor problems, aren't reporting them to the dealer, as they should. In fact, a couple of owners have tried the DIY approach, which in one case, voided the warranty!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
8th Gear

Just got my LR2 back yesterday after the dealership had it over the holiday weekend. It came back with the drivers side window touch button not working and today while driving around town and doing errands, it would not start again. I couldn't even get the key out to "re-set" so I had to keep trying to start the car. It took 8 tries before the car would even turn over and start. I immediately went home and called Symes of Pasadena - LandRover Service, and the guy was a bit surprised, but said to bring it in again. The warm start software update fix was actually a "recall" and was part of my service, but it still won't start consistantly. I will take my LR2 back in on Thurs ( due to scheduling issues ) and keep you all posted.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

Had mine for nearly 2 months. I love the car. I have 2 problems. Occasionally, the radio/nav turns on, but, no sound. Tried turning the car off and on...sometimes that works...sometimes it doesn't. Also, recently notice that while driving my radio will go off, the navigation system will go black, and then everything will restore itself. I need to make an appointment with the dealer to see if they can fix these intermittent problems.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:01 PM
8th Gear

Just got my LR2 back. Everything seems to be working, altho they can't figure out why I can't start consistantly. Per the receipt it states everything is grounded, and they had no problems starting or stopping the engine after several hours of running the car. They also replaced the switches for the windows. No other news as of right now, will let you all know if anything esle shows up or if this start/stop issue persists.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
1st Gear

I have been having the same start button problems. I have to press the start button 5 or 6 times in a row to get it to start. I have had my LR2 in the shop 4 times! now for the same problem and each time they tell me it is a software problem and it is loosing certain "codes". They "fix" it and give it back to me, but after a day or two the same problem occurs.

I love my LR2 and it is the best car I've ever had, but this problem is starting to really annoy me. Does anyone have any additional info on this problem?

Old 09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
4th Gear

Had mine for 2 days. No issues so far. It is a superb vehicle. Wife and I are amazed by the quality and performance by this very affordable vehicle. We are long time SUV owners--Jeep Cherokee and Honda Pilot. The LR2 is now our fav SUV!!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:05 PM
8th Gear

ATLR2 - my LR2 is back in the shop.... the temp gage went out and showed that I was overheating when I wasn't and come to find out it was faulty and so was the coolant gage(?) which was not connected properly either. I still have the problem with the starting issue. It usually happens after driving about 45 minutes to 1 hour. When I stop for gas or for an appointment, I have to wait 5 - 20 minutes before I can start again. I asked about a vapor lock, and they stated there was no such thing on the LR2. I asked about the online computer chip recording starts/stops and they stated the chip only records "mis-firings" and full starts/stops, and since mine doesn't fully turn on, it doesn't activate the chip to record the failed stops I have and the multiple start attempts. The dealership stated they were not able to reproduce the start issue and I told them that I did not want my car back until they could reproduce the start issue, and if I got the car back and I had the problem again, I would be filing a lemon law claim as I have brought this in 4 times for the start issue. Its been a week and they still have my LR2 and trying to figure out the issue.

Quick Reply: LR2 issues?