LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR2 Roof Rack

Looking for a bit of help. I need to purchase a roof rack for my LR2 and wondered if I HAVE to get it through Land Rover? Do other roof racks work with this type of car?
Thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Drifting

If you are looking for attached rail system, I would go through land rover. The last thing you want is a system that doesn't fit correctly and leaks into your roof, especially when people are drilling into your roof.

If you are fine with an attached system, Thule sells a rack that looks real nice, however is quite pricey. You can build the system on their website and then google the parts for cheaper. I think I was able to price out the whole system for under 400 including everything.

You need
- 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack ($430!)
- RB53 Rapid Aero Load Bar Pair (2 Pack)
- 872XT Fairing 44"

Old 08-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Drifting

Just got my Thule 480R rack up and running, looks real clean without getting factory rails. Thing to note is the fairing will prevent you from using the sunroof (you can tilt however). The pads on the fairing are sticky and don't slide easily.

$430 with 20% sale at RacksforAll.com Sale had expired however they matched EMS's same sale.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by kjmass1
Just got my Thule 480R rack up and running, looks real clean without getting factory rails. Thing to note is the fairing will prevent you from using the sunroof (you can tilt however). The pads on the fairing are sticky and don't slide easily.

$430 with 20% sale at RacksforAll.com Sale had expired however they matched EMS's same sale.

How is that roof rack working out for you?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by scoozer
Looking for a bit of help. I need to purchase a roof rack for my LR2 and wondered if I HAVE to get it through Land Rover? Do other roof racks work with this type of car?
Thanks
What did you end up going with? Any feedback?

Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Drifting

I love the Thule rack. I actually moved the front rail all the way to the front so the fairing rests on the edge of the roof so I can use the sunroof. The whole unit comes on and off so easily.

As with most add on rack- there is wind noise on the highway. I don't keep mine on all the time. It drops mpg by 1-2 mpg.

Other than that, love it!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by kjmass1
I love the Thule rack. I actually moved the front rail all the way to the front so the fairing rests on the edge of the roof so I can use the sunroof. The whole unit comes on and off so easily.

As with most add on rack- there is wind noise on the highway. I don't keep mine on all the time. It drops mpg by 1-2 mpg.

Other than that, love it!
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I was initially worried about the sunroof comment and some stuff I've heard about the doors not sealing as tight. I was able to get some of the LR stock parts on the cheap so I opted for getting the LR Roof Rail+Cross Bar Kits alongside the Yakima Fat Cat 6 rack. Haven't installed it yet but hoping for the best. Will post a photo when it's all said an done. Thank you for your input!!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM
4wd Low

There may be other options, but we have the factory rack and really like it. I think it adds to the looks of the LR2. We use Yakama bike racks and also have used a Yakama Mega Warrior cargo rack. My only issue is I need a step ladder to load it up!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM
4wd High
Default sweet

Originally Posted by Forester
There may be other options, but we have the factory rack and really like it. I think it adds to the looks of the LR2. We use Yakama bike racks and also have used a Yakama Mega Warrior cargo rack. My only issue is I need a step ladder to load it up!
Thanks! I did the install a couple weeks ago with the OEM roof rack/cross bars. Fits great along with the Yakima Fat Cat 6 : )

Thanks!!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 AM
4wd Low

Hello
I just got my 2013 LR2 and would like to get my kayak on top. The factory roof rail is nice but it does cost a fortune (just for the rail, not to mention the cross bar).
Do you think the factory roof rail really make a big difference?
When I purchased my LR2 at the dealer today, they had a crossbar in the showroom. The crossbar really resemble the Thule AeroBlade Edge to me.
Thule recommend
480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack

ARB53 AeroBlade Load Bar Pair and

KIT1443 For 480 and 480R Foot Packs only

Is there other option there?
I'm concern that the coated foot packs could mark the car.
Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: LR2 Roof Rack