LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Sunroof replaced

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:30 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof replaced

Just had my sunroof replaced with a complete module. The wind noise is not acceptable above 40 mph. Got Land Rover to open a file on this situation and working on a corrective action. Does any body else have similar noise problem? Pass it on to your dealer and call Land Rover.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Overlanding
Default RE: Sunroof replaced

we are experiencing the same problem - the noise is unbearable and actually i was opening and closing back the sun roof, when on high spped.
I am wondering:
P009 recall - should it fix the problem - i understood they replaced much of the roof.
how to measure the wind noise?
It is probably not your first car with the sun roof, so you know to compare and prove it, when call to Land rover.
What should i tell, when i ask them to replace it?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:07 PM
4th Gear

The sunroof was not replaced offically because of the recall. It was ordered before the recall came out. By the way it took 10 weeks to be deliviered. It was a completed new sunroof module. They removed the interior panals removed the old module and insert the new module and finally the headliner.

There was no noise up to the mid 60 mph on the demo we drove and on our LR2 until the this work was done. Now it is impossible to have a conversation without shouting and the radio needs to be turned up from a 12 to 18/20.

Yes, I have had sunroofed cars since mid 80s. Mostly MB, BMW and jags. This wind noise is not acceptable. I view this is a bait and switch but not purposely done. Fortunately, i know the lemon law guro for PA if need be.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 AM
4wd Low

Can someone describe the visual differences in the old and new? Dealer said they replaced mine in Feb (before I bought the car) so I was wondering if I can visually confirm that.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Drifting

ok the recall is not a suroof replacement, it a kit to make the sunroof glass stays on the car in case other parts of the sunroof(guides) break off.the glass and guides have may be replaced in that case. as fo the windnoise case, is the sunroof fully closed? look at it and make sure its flat in the closed position, if its not then ther's your problem. guides/glass will have to be replaced.if it is fully closed, do you have a roof rack? that will make windnoise.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
4th Gear

There is not a problem with it closed. It is when it is open that noise becomes unbearable.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM
4wd Low

ORIGINAL: NeilC

There is not a problem with it closed. It is when it is open that noise becomes unbearable.
Agreed... It's VERY loud, something that's tough to get over...

Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Drifting

thats how it is man, the roof is open and you get normal windnoise, nothing is changed during the recall that would make any more or less windnoise then before

Old 04-04-2008, 06:17 AM
4th Gear

I understand where you are coming from. But the early production LR2 are quiter with the sunroof open. I had my whole sunroof replaced and now it is noisey when it is open, why?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
4wd Low

And this problem would appear to be even worse with all that noise up there!

Quick Reply: Sunroof replaced