LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLACK WOW on the black plastic parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default BLACK WOW on the black plastic parts

When we got our LR3 the black exterior parts were very dry and grey. I checked on this forum and on other for the recommended product for long term wear. I decided to use a product called Black Wow. It is manufactured by a company in Anaheim, California. I have no affiliation. I called the company and talked to the owner, Richard Lee. I explained the vehicle and he sold me on the Black Wow. I got it yesterday and applied it today. Wow, it worked great! The LR3 looks brand new. Time will tell how long it will last, but it looks really good. I ended up using about .25 of an ounce, maybe less. The 2 oz. bottle was $15 with free shipping and an applicator sponge. By the way, the is a wrecked 2007 LR3 SE at a place called La Paz auto salvage in San Diego. Front end damage and a roll over. Lots of interior parts, engine, tranny, transfer case diffs, etc. Black interior. The air compressor is gone. Thanks for all of the great info on this forum. Makes owning a Land Rover practical. Phil

Old 10-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Follow up on the Black Wow experience.

I applied the Black Wow over the weekend. Monday night and Tuesday morning it rained, well for So Cal, it rained. The Black Wow still looked great. I will follow up in a month or two and let you know how it is holding up. I used a bit more than was suggested by the manufacturer, still not very much. It will work on hard smooth, plastic surfaces like the window trim and the headlight water nozzle fittings, but it will not absorb as readily. It takes a bit more elbow grease to make it look uniform. The were a few traces of wax from my buffer on a couple of the door handles. The Black Wow did not penetrate very well. There is a product called Pre Wow, that is recommended for removal of wax and other contaminants on the plastic surfaces. I should have used it. I will get some and try it out and then follow up with a reapplication of the Black Wow. My impression is that this is a great product that works great on the Land Rover Bumpers and other porous surfaces. Makes them look like new. I would highly recommend it to others. Again, I have no affiliation with Black Wow or Richard Lin, its president.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

There are no shortages of products to try - I hope it works out! If not, here is another one you can try:

22ple VR1 Plastic and Trim Restorer - 20 ml | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's anything like that "Wipe New" as seen on TV, it's great. I thought it was junk seeing it on so many commercials. I also didn't want to order it via TV because once you get on their mailing lists, they spam you forever. I found it at my local Rite-Aids and Bed, Bath and Beyond stores. You apply it with an included small microfiber cloth and it does NOT come off. You actually have to apply it with included rubber gloves because it will kind of burn your fingers if not protected. The Wipe New stuff really works and made my bumpers look like new again. I've washed my truck at least 15 times since initially applied + we've received plenty of rain and it still is on there looking plenty dark. I can see some missed portions where I never applied it and they're still ashy (like prior). Best product I've purchased in a while for my LR3. Be sure to NOT get it on your paint. I have an 996 Turbo (black) and used it on some of its black trim pieces. I had some slight over runs of the stuff and had to buff wax it off the black paint. My silver LR3 was more forgiving of over runs due to the light color.

Last edited by Gaffle; 01-01-2014 at 02:11 PM.