LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing a speedo from kph to mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing a speedo from kph to mph

Hi all, we have just bought a disco 3, hse, row spec,and need to change the speedo from khp to read mph as it is having to be type approved for Jersey.Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital read out on the dash in mph while the actual speedo is reading in kph. If this is possible then we don't have to change the dial at all. If not, then I think the whole dash has to come out for the dial to be changed, is this correct?[:@]

Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: changing a speedo from kph to mph

It cannot be changed from kilos to miles. We have been asked that question before and consulted techline on this issue, and were informed attempting to do so would reak havoc on the control modules, resulting an numerous faults and errors, and will not operate correctly afterward. I would contact Land Rover North America or your local dealership in order to double check this information, in case something has changed in the past year.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the reply. In that case how easy!! will it be to remove the dash and sort the dial to read both kph and mph?[]

Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, you will need to talk to your local dealer about that one. I have seen a couple of Canadian spec LR3's come through my dealership that have both kph and mph, with the kph being the main speed, so I am curious about yours not being the same, hmm.... Anyways, you might be able to order a Canadian spec instrument pack for your vehicle so it will show both and not affect any systems because it will still be in kilometers, but again I am not certain about that, so again you will have to ask your local dealer, either way it comes back to that. Unless an aftermarket Rover parts supplied offers a new speed dial.........

Old 03-08-2021, 05:47 PM
5th Gear
Default Kph to Mph 2000 Discovery II

Originally Posted by jockdude
Hi all, we have just bought a disco 3, hse, row spec,and need to change the speedo from khp to read mph as it is having to be type approved for Jersey.Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital read out on the dash in mph while the actual speedo is reading in kph. If this is possible then we don't have to change the dial at all. If not, then I think the whole dash has to come out for the dial to be changed, is this correct?[:@]

Old 03-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Old thread.

That is not at all what they are talking about.

This is an LR3 forum, not a Disco II forum.