LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Accessories, Bluetooth? Monacar Rack, ARB Bull Bar, Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 Accessories, Bluetooth? Monacar Rack, ARB Bull Bar, Worth it?

Heya Im a little new to this forum, so please bear with me.
Ive been looking into some external mods for my LR3 but have some questions about them.
First off, I want to install a expedition rack, with driving lamps on it. I found the list of parts that was used for G4, and it says they used a Monacar rack, but I find that such a thing is nowhere to be found. And the only rack similar to the G4 rack, is the Land Rover Expedition Rack, or something by Thule. Does the Monacar rack actually exist? If so, anyone know where its available?

ARB Bull Bar/Bumper
Ive been looking into this because ive seen about two LR's IRL with them installed, and I think they look pretty great, seems useful, and may add a level of safety to the car. But, I was curious as to if these add a lot of weight to the vehicle, and if that causes any amount of slowed acceleration or anything like that? Also, I know its pretty pricey, are there any alternatives to this? I dont want one of those normal metal push bars, or A-bars, the only other one that I know of and that I like the look of is the OEM land rover plastic a-frame. But of course, I would want to put driving lamps on that as well, which shouldnt be a problem. Are these actually worth it though? THe ARB bar or the Land Rover bar? It just seems like a lot of cash for this.

ALSO, non external, my 05 LR3 has the button on the radio that looks like a phone, then when I click it it says no phone fitted. Does this mean that the car would have to be wired for a phone? Or can I buy a bluetooth module for the car, and put the buttons on the wheel, and just do it that way? I dont know if the bluetooth was offered in this model year, but I think it would be a nice accessory to have.

If I have anymore questions about my vehicle, Il be sure to add them!
Thanks!

Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by aaps59
ALSO, non external, my 05 LR3 has the button on the radio that looks like a phone, then when I click it it says no phone fitted. Does this mean that the car would have to be wired for a phone? Or can I buy a bluetooth module for the car, and put the buttons on the wheel, and just do it that way? I dont know if the bluetooth was offered in this model year, but I think it would be a nice accessory to have.
That's the message that comes up when you haven't paired your phone to your LR3. Go into LR3 and start it up, open your phone's settings, go to your bluetooth settings and enter in the code: 2121. Then take the key out of the ignition, and then start it up again. This time you should see that it's paired.

By-the-way, I'm in Westchester (about 10-miles north of NYC). Which borough are you in?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Sometimes the code is 0000

Land Rover had two BlueTooth systems back in 2005.

The factory installed factory system used 2121 as the pairing code; the dealer installed factory system used 0000. On the dash, all looks the same, but under the "carpets" the factory installed module is sitting just in front and above the rear right wheel well; in the dealer installed version, the module is located within the shift lever console.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM
4wd Low

Well thats the thing, I dont have the little steeringwheel mounted phone buttons. I dont know if theyre not supposed to be there, were taken off before I purchased it, or what.

BTW: Im in Manhattan

Last edited by aaps59; 09-03-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add location
Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Probably not on the SE.

No phone buttons on the right side of the steering wheel pretty much suggests no BlueTooth at all. Not all HSE's had the option, hence not always on the SE either.

Money wise, it is a big deal to add same, but it can be done; and no they were not removed - that would also be a big deal.

Do a search under BlueTooth on the various forums - you will find quite a bit on alternatives as well.