LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD Player Custom Install - Playback resets - Annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry DVD Player Custom Install - Playback resets - Annoying!

I recently had a flip down DVD player installed in my LR3. (10.5 flip down screen and a digital phonics DVD installed in the upper glove box) The screen and sound kept flickering on/off which they were quick and happy to fix, and the install itself is very clean. However, when we turn the car off, then back on, the DVD resets back to the beginning (the very beginning) of the disc. This was very disappointing, especially since we didn't pick the cheapest quote to go with ($810 installed.) I called the dealership's connection and asked them if the Rosen brand had this "virtual memory" and they said it does. They said "They probably can't find the constant power line." I understand that the DVD player will turn off when the car's off, but isn't there a way to "soft switch" it off without cold cutting the power?

I guess this isn't a HUGE issue, but it's very very annoying. Our Tahoe didn't have this problem. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this installation shady, or is there some truth behind what he's saying? Why would a Rosen setup be able to save the disc location, but not this DVD player? I don't get it. He tried to explain it to me, and is sticking to his guns, but I'm a programmer so I'm no fool, and it sounded like he was side stepping to me.

Thanks in advance for any light shed on this!