LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD stuck! Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DVD stuck! Ugh!

So my LR3 has a Rosen DVD Entertainment system in it and I found it has a DVD stuck in it. As far as I can tell, there is no little hole to manually eject the dvd. The only buttons that seem to work on the console is the open button to lower the monitor and the lights. The dvd player works because it spins up a kids movie and it's waiting for a command to start the movie or play one of the options. I'm just thankful it's a kids movie and not some ****!

Anyway, it appear that there are two little bars that come down to prevent the dvd from slipping out while it plays. This is preventing me from prying the dvd out. Short of completely taking the system apart does anyone have any ideas? There are no markings on the outside to indicate a model number for the dvd system. The fact that when you turn it on it has the Land Rover logo indicates that it came as an option with the car and not an add on. I don't have any documentation, and I'm not sure how to proceed, short of taking the entire system apart.

Thoughts, ideas?

Old 02-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default three pdf's re Rosen A10 unit below

Towards the bottom of the page that will open per the link below, there are 3 pdf files with info re the LR DVD unit that hangs from the roof of the 3.

I do not recall if it is the 28 page, the 30 page, or the 11 page pdf that has the how to remove a stuck DVD instructions but one of the three has it.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - NAV Radio BlueTooth phone and Rosen DVD

The following users liked this post:
Linebacker (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Thank you! That was very helpful. I'm sick as a dog with a bad cold, but I'm going to try the quick double eject button and see if that works. If not, I'm going to try the remote button, but I need to get a new battery. I will let you know the results.

The following users liked this post:
bbyer (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2006 LR3 with factory dvd. Had the same issue off and on. Now it won't eject period. I took it out and took it to a local audio/video place. They claim Rosen doesn't service these anymore.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Perhaps shop needs the info.

You may have to print off one or two of the pdf's per my previous post for your shop re fixing your Rosen A10 unit. To be fair to Rosen, the design is now at least ten years old - in electronics, that is a century where phones have a half life of mere months now.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Drifting

I replaced the battery in the remote and the DVD responded but did not eject. It looks like the two pillars to prevent the DVD from popping out, will not move. I'm tempted to pry it out but I'm afraid I will break it.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Default see page 3 as to where to insert the paper clip

Page nine of the link below makes reference to the use of a paper clip and refers back a sketch of the unit back on page seven as to where to insert a paper clip re release a stuck CD.

As I said previously, there are three pdf's within the info link related to your A10 unit. I suppose you may have only an iPad or similar and cannot access pdf's; if so, then you will have to find a conventional desktop computer to download, view, and print out the pdf's, about 70 pages total for the full meal deal.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu...ers_Manual.pdf

Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has a reset button under the left hand doom light cover. Hit it and it tries to eject, but won't. Get some red code E06 that flashes. There's a paper clip size hole where the .pdf pic shows, but it does nothing.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Paper clip does nothing?

So you are saying when you stick a paper clip in the hole, the paper clip does not seem to find anything to push on that releases. I suppose there may be nothing but when ones opens up the unit, it provides an area to look at for a release.

It just seems odd the reference would be made and that there is nothing to push on.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Drifting

I don't see the release button where it states it is. I will look one more time, but I'm pretty sure there is no hole or button. Which I thought was very strange.

Quick Reply: DVD stuck! Ugh!