LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD stuck! Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default could not find the access hole either

Now that I went out to my 3 and took a look, I also do not see a release button hole suitable for a paper clip or anything else in the flat area, (or any other area), that is exposed when the display is lowered to the vertical position.

I do note the post above that says there is some sort of access point that is exposed when the drivers side dome light bezel is removed. I did not try to pull off the clear bezel to look as it is about -15C outside and I do not like playing with plastic in that temperature.

I would think that there is a mechanical release access point somewhere as a stuck CD is a common event. I do not think it is something that Rosen would have deleted.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Default perhaps attempt to load in a junk DVD

You might try loading another CD.

I did a Google search re stuck DVD's and Rosen and about all I saw was reference to that hole we are looking for.

I did read one post where the person went thru the motions of loading a junk CD in and that caused the unit to spit out the stuck DVD. That would be too easy however.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First link is the button under the left hand dome light I was talking about. Second is the only hole about the size of paper clip that I see when you open screen. I stick a clip in there and nothing, doesn't budge.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1l65d2cyadtq9pv/AABV8ZpacyhhTI0rAQjyUoCqa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mc8ijlmgo1ts4y3/AABFCvWRaOy_iQ8JX-0KcDRua

Old 03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Three Wheeling

I just tried loading a junk DVD and the two stops (or whatever they are) opened up, but the DVD still wouldn't come out. Since mine started acting up I thought those two stops were what was not letting it out. Guess it's something else.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, that would be too easy!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dirt Roamer
I just tried loading a junk DVD and the two stops (or whatever they are) opened up, but the DVD still wouldn't come out. Since mine started acting up I thought those two stops were what was not letting it out. Guess it's something else.
Originally Posted by Dirt Roamer
First link is the button under the left hand dome light I was talking about. Second is the only hole about the size of paper clip that I see when you open screen. I stick a clip in there and nothing, doesn't budge.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1l65d2cya...hTI0rAQjyUoCqa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mc8ijlmgo..._iQ8JX-0KcDRua
I don't have that little hole in the second picture. Thanks for sharing.

Where is the access point in the first picture? I don't see one (or I need glasses).

Old 03-05-2015, 05:26 AM
Three Wheeling
Default access point in first pic

I'm trying to point to a little blue button under the left hand dome light cover. It's big enough to press with a finger tip, no clip required. Seems to reset the system and tries to kick the disc. After it fails, there is an error number that shows on the little LED display deal-e-o underneath the blue button in same pic.

Last edited by Dirt Roamer; 03-05-2015 at 05:30 AM. Reason: called out wrong pic
The following users liked this post:
bbyer (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Default did not realize that was a button

Thanks for the additional explanation. I looked at your jpg but did not realized that "chip" was really a push button. I have learned something.

Just as a side note, I replaced the bulbs in there awhile back with Warm White LED bulbs. The middle seat area is now is much better illuminated than previous but without the cold look of the 6000K LEDs.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Drifting

bbyer, I found the button. No go. Thanks for the info! They say LR's have a personality. I think mine is angry! On Wednesday I blew a tire on my way home.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Default miffed perhaps

I regard my 3 as a bit of a mistress, hence I would then tend to use the term miffed rather than angry.

I have yet to experience a blowout. Was the road dry or slippery?

The 3 is supposed to have a pretty good antiskid program plus suspension geometry that is supposed to keep wheel problems from becoming events.

Other than mentioning it in the post, I assumed the blowout was more of a nuisance than an event.

As to events, I regard changing a rear tyre out on the road as an event. I find changing the rears due to the high degree of articulation really unfun even at home when I have both my jacks, chocks, a nice day, and a plan as well.

Front tyres are not that much fun either but I have kind of solved the articulation problem by jacking on the underside of the front lower A arm to get the rubber up off the road. That technique does not work so well with the rear.

Quick Reply: DVD stuck! Ugh!