LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front heated seat wireing

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom - I did basically the same thing that you did. I purchased the control unit which has the seat warmer buttons. I noticed that there was a extra plug that mine did not have. When I received my unit, they cut the wires and left the plugs attached, so I know what wires and how the plug looks. I removed everything in the center looking for the plug. Since I could not find it, I concluded that the plug was for the heated windshield which I did not have. Buttons work, no heated seats. Took to local garage and they pull the code stating that the seat temperature sensor was not working. I asked them to make sure the heated seat option was turned on. They could not find it (so they say) - but they could track down the issue for $100/hr. No thank you. When I go to Roverpartsland - cloth/leather, memory/no memory is the options, so I assumed the seats are pre-wired for the heaters. I looked under the seats, no extra plugs that are not plugged in. Now it's 15 degree outside. Sure wish I can find an easy fix. I'm betting something has to be turned on via the BCM, but I've been wrong before.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Baja
Received 227 Likes on 197 Posts

yeah I am assuming at this point either there is something needing activation or I need to pull the seat and look for tucked away plugs

rear seats plug and play but the seat plugs were tucked way up in the harness in the quarter panels where you would not find them

do you have 7 passenger model? I added the second row seats from the hse it was 7 passenger , the second row on the 5 passenger model are different style seats and did not have heaters in them

in the owners manual it shows there is a climate control for front heated seats without heated front glass and without rear a/c, I would like to see what the rear of that module looks like, but this again leads me to believe like the d2 its prewired

now if you recall when I added the 3rd row seats I installed the airbags, prewired
but the airbag lite is on stating they are detected and not supposed to be there, dealer tech could not reprogram it to accept them with just the dealer computer but stated if I brought it to the dealer they can call rover for an unlock code for my vin which would probly allow the change, I wonder if the front heated seats would be the same issue

the only thing that makes me think something's unplugged is that it says it is not detecting the seats, I did check and the fuses are in the fuse box and good for seat heaters, I pulled the fuses and did verify there are wires going to the fuse

I mention this cause I have seen before where mfg will put the power side in the fuse box but not add the accessory side if the vehicle was not optioned

now back to that additional plug on the climate control, I did remove everything I could from the dash to find it and could not locate it

the dealer tech had told me 05 was not pre wired for everything but the later ones were if he remembered correctly

do you have park assist? mine was not wired for it, plug should be behind the drivers tail light
I do not want to add it just curious if your 06 was prewired but without the option

Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an SE with 7 pass. The only two additional buttons that the new heater control has that my old one did not was (1) seat warmers (2) heated windshield. I do have the rear park assist, so I can't be of help with the missing plug. The way LR hides the plugs, might need to pull the front half of the carpet up looking for it. If we get another nice day before spring, I might pull the pass seat and verify that there really is not a plug missing that tucked under the cushion.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Baja

Do your second row seats go flat then push to floor? 3 seperate seats?

If so fold and tumble and look for a plug on 2 outer seats

Old 01-11-2015, 10:30 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rear seats plug and play but the seat plugs were tucked way up in the harness in the quarter panels where you would not find them

do you have 7 passenger model? I added the second row seats from the hse it was 7 passenger , the second row on the 5 passenger model are different style seats and did not have heaters in them

in the owners manual it shows there is a climate control for front heated seats without heated front glass and without rear a/c, I would like to see what the rear of that module looks like, but this again leads me to believe like the d2 its prewired

now if you recall when I added the 3rd row seats I installed the airbags, prewired
but the airbag lite is on stating they are detected and not supposed to be there, dealer tech could not reprogram it to accept them with just the dealer computer but stated if I brought it to the dealer they can call rover for an unlock code for my vin which would probly allow the change, I wonder if the front heated seats would be the same issue

the only thing that makes me think something's unplugged is that it says it is not detecting the seats, I did check and the fuses are in the fuse box and good for seat heaters, I pulled the fuses and did verify there are wires going to the fuse

I mention this cause I have seen before where mfg will put the power side in the fuse box but not add the accessory side if the vehicle was not optioned

now back to that additional plug on the climate control, I did remove everything I could from the dash to find it and could not locate it

the dealer tech had told me 05 was not pre wired for everything but the later ones were if he remembered correctly

do you have park assist? mine was not wired for it, plug should be behind the drivers tail light
I do not want to add it just curious if your 06 was prewired but without the option[/QUOTE]

Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 AM
4wd Low

Been thinking on my landrover discovery 3 the plung that is missing to the climate controls for the heated seats needs 4 wires so that must be 2 for the left and 2 for the right seat so if you got power under the bonnet to the fuse what about running 2 wires from each fuse to the controls on the dash?

Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Rear seats heating - a four conductor plug?

Before you start applying 12DVC to a four conductor plug, you might take at look at sheets 182 and 183 of the attached pdf with particular reference to connector 2084 and conductor 12, as in 2084-12. The previous 11 contacts are also worth exploring.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu...schematics.pdf

Actually the whole pdf may prove of value.

The following users liked this post:
TOM R (01-11-2015)
Old 01-11-2015, 02:33 PM
4wd Low

Would the control unit have to be programmed to the car for the heated seats to work as my old control unit didn't have the heated seats buttons?

Old 01-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Baja

ok looking at page 180 with the colors( if correct) and my pic of that plug we are missing behind the climate control, imo we need that plug

my pic looks like 4 green with white tracer, and 2grey with blue tracer on that plug, i just cannot imagine they would pre wire backs and not fronts i can only think it has to be tied up in the dash somewhere hidden like the rear seats were if that is in fact for the front seats not the windscreen

i had all the center of the dash out and glove box down but did not see it, maybe start at the fuse box see if the wires are there, the fuses are

my wife wants them working but i just cant do it right now so ...

Last edited by TOM R; 01-11-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 AM
4wd Low

Has anyone checked under the front seats for the relays as my 07 hasn't got them and I think that why the seats don't heat up

Quick Reply: front heated seat wireing