LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iphone 3G Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Iphone 3G Bluetooth problem

I just got my 06 LR3 from the dealer 1 week ago.
It seems that whenever I walk up to the car and press the unlock button on the remote, the car takes control of my iphone. i.e. It syncs up via Bluetooth. If I am talking on my phone and standing anywhere near the car, as soon as it unlocks the doors, the phone just switches to Land Rover Bluetooth and I cannot continue the call. The ignition key is still in my hand and I haven't even gotten in the car and it has already taken control of my phone.

Same thing happens when I exit the car. Whether I am on the phone or not, I turn off the ignition and get out. Lock the doors or just walk away (It doesn't matter), The Rover will not release the Iphone for about 10 minutes after I have already gotten out of the car.

It seems that the Rovers Bluetooth module is powered up when the doors are opened or closed, locked or unlocked whether the key is in the ignition or not. Land Rover is aware of the problem but there is no fix except to manually turn on and off Bluetooth on my phone.

Any ideas or solutions?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same iPhone 3G Problem

My Rover Bluetooth takes over my iphone whenever I'm anywhere near the car, even with the engine off. Of course, I can switch the phone over from bluetooth to iPhone while I'm on the call, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Also, when I'm in the car, the Rover Bluetooth will not kick in when I try to playback a voicemail message off my phone. It will only play on the phone itself.

Thoughts?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Mudding

Dealer said that is how it goes with the Iphone 3G.
I have learned to live with it.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:40 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best bluetooth for a Samsung Behold? I recently purchased a Samsung Behold. I'm very disappointed in my old bluetooth set so I'm looking for a new one. I want one that is small, lightweight, compatible with my samsung, easy to use, has sturdy ear piece (not the really thin plastic ones) and has good sound quality. Could you suggest some good quality headsets that are reasonably priced?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by cherylin
What is the best bluetooth for a Samsung Behold? I recently purchased a Samsung Behold. I'm very disappointed in my old bluetooth set so I'm looking for a new one. I want one that is small, lightweight, compatible with my samsung, easy to use, has sturdy ear piece (not the really thin plastic ones) and has good sound quality. Could you suggest some good quality headsets that are reasonably priced?
Sorry that you didn't get any answers to your question. You should probably look in another topic as this topic was specifically for the iphone 3G and the LR3 built in Bluethooth.