LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought 1st LR3

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 1st LR3

I just purchased my first Land Rover - 2007 LR3 HSE, 12500 miles for $34,500. Bought it from a pre owned dealer, not Land Rover. I think I have 6 months left of factory warranty. I am very excited. dealer website is www.tabautobrokers.com the pictures, car fax and details are still listed although it does show as sold.

1) Any thoughts/comments?

2) I am going to take it to a local (Chicago) dealer to have them tell me more about the car, I read somewhere in the forums to ask if the car has the latest software versions - anything else I should ask the Dealer about

3) I have read a lot of posts on this forum and I am still a little nervous about potential mechanical issues that may occur. Also, the car had very low miles - which was great, but seemed heavily used - like a kid abused the interior. I am still debating the extended LR warranty - I have searched the forums and the consensus appears to be 50/50 about to buy or no to buy.

4) cannot get the fog lights on, any suggestions

5) notice some annoying things, like the seat memory is near impossible to set. anyone else have issues with this or am just a dumb newbie?

Thanks in advance for feedback and advice.

David

Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Overlanding

Daviddavis71, I too just bought my first Rover, a 2005 LR3 with 23,000 for Land Rover Denver East (pd $25,100). Small scuff on the unpainted trim but the interior is mint. I opted to for the extended warranty.

I've always been a Jeep guy (still have our built '89 Wrangler) and the fear of all the Rover electronics justified the purchase. Although it's not through Rover, it's an aftermarket company. Paid $2500 for 3 years 75K bumper to bumper, no deductible if I take it back to the dealership, $100 otherwise.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by MilehighLR3
Daviddavis71, I too just bought my first Rover, a 2005 LR3 with 23,000 for Land Rover Denver East (pd $25,100). Small scuff on the unpainted trim but the interior is mint. I opted to for the extended warranty.

I've always been a Jeep guy (still have our built '89 Wrangler) and the fear of all the Rover electronics justified the purchase. Although it's not through Rover, it's an aftermarket company. Paid $2500 for 3 years 75K bumper to bumper, no deductible if I take it back to the dealership, $100 otherwise.
Im probably in the market for a used lr3 and i was wondering what company did you go with for the extended warranty, im considering one of those too.

thanks.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by JK_LR3
Im probably in the market for a used lr3 and i was wondering what company did you go with for the extended warranty, im considering one of those too.

thanks.
It's called "Service Shield" admin'd by "Royal Administration Services Inc." It was offered through the dealership. And a correction, apparently I paid $2800.

The policy covers all parts except those normal wear and tear items (tires, battery, upholstery, etc.).

Old 09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
4th Gear

It's called "Service Shield" admin'd by "Royal Administration Services Inc." It was offered through the dealership. And a correction, apparently I paid $2800.

The policy covers all parts except those normal wear and tear items (tires, battery, upholstery, etc.).
I may be out of luck though - since its not at a land rover dealership, its at a nissan dealership, am i out of luck?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Overlanding

I may be out of luck though - since its not at a land rover dealership, its at a nissan dealership, am i out of luck?

Um, honestly don't know. . . . their website is: www.royaladmin.com. Looks to me as though any dealership can offer it, or perhaps you can purchase it seperately.

I know there are other companies out there, I've seen the commercials on SPEED . . . . .

Sorry not much help.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
4th Gear

Um, honestly don't know. . . . their website is: www.royaladmin.com. Looks to me as though any dealership can offer it, or perhaps you can purchase it seperately.

I know there are other companies out there, I've seen the commercials on SPEED . . . . .

Sorry not much help.

Ive been looking around for extended warranty and cant seem to get a reasonable offer. I called the land rover dealership and they stated, NO ONE cant get EXTENDED WARRANTY on Rovers over 50k Miles. Anyone heard such a thing like that..?

I haven't gotten the vehicle yet, but im still checking out the warranty.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Overlanding

Ive been looking around for extended warranty and cant seem to get a reasonable offer. I called the land rover dealership and they stated, NO ONE cant get EXTENDED WARRANTY on Rovers over 50k Miles. Anyone heard such a thing like that..?

I haven't gotten the vehicle yet, but im still checking out the warranty.
I'm not sure . . .what about Rover Certified pre-owned, don't they offer some sort of extended warranty?

My '05 wasn't eligible, according to my Rover dealer, they don't offer a CPO program for '05 and older.

Again, probably not much help.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default LR3 warranty

Hey guys,
I just bought an '07 LR3 SE with 42K(non-rover dealer), and wanted to share some info with you. The only warranty that is an extension of the LR warranty is the Land Rover Assured Warranty which would have cost me about 10K. Other than that there is aftermarket co's and there aftermarket co's that are offered through the dealership. I spoke to LR of Dallas and they were really cool and told me about their program which is Repair Advantage 4/48,000 for about 4K, and I then called a LR dealer near me (columbia SC) and they told me that their warranty I could buy is from Safeguard 4/75,000 would be about 3200.00. Basically what I see is that all dealerships will be happy to sell you an aftermarket warranty, which is basically an insurance policy most of which have a deductible. Just like an ins co, you will be dealing with them approving repairs, and for my 2cents, I think it is wiser to just save some money and put it aside for repairs. Some people like insurance policies like health, dental, life, disability etc, and some just choose to use the health/life and forego all the rest. I am not sure what is right, but my father once told me, remember that insurance is betting against yourself/your vehicle. All people have opinions, but basically the 07 LR3 is a solid truck with good repair history, and as long as you can tinker you should be fine, or at least I hope so. Don't give up your subscription to atlantic british though. They are awesome. Take care, and I am just trying to be unbiased as I have been reading a lot about these issues.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Overlanding

The policy I bought was the SafeGuard . . . .it cost me $2800 (LR Denver East) although they told me the original cost was $3200.

From what I can tell, given that I've recently experienced a service call/repair . . . You're right, they have to call and get approval but to the dealerships credit there were no issues or delays.

Quick Reply: Just bought 1st LR3