LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 air ride compressor filter location

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018 | 08:55 PM
|
Camel Trophy
Default LR3 air ride compressor filter location

On the diagram, attached, there is #11 which is the compressor filter/silencer. I could only locate one thread that touched on it, saying it was behind the tail light. I removed the driver side tail light assembly and saw no such filter. Removed passenger side too just for good measure, nope. But I can not find any threads/Images that clearly show the location. I ask because when I worked on the compressor I had the inlet line disconnected and the system was noticeably quicker venting and seemed a bit snappier filling. Another note mentioned it was an item to be replaced at 120k miles. All I could locate was on the sheet sheet where it says "Air suspension vehicles used extensively in arduous/ off road conditions will require the compressor inlet filter to be replaced at more regular intervals."

So has anyone actually replaced it? Or even located it exactly? Pic?

Old 05-28-2018 | 09:19 PM
|
Camel Trophy

I may have found something to help me. While its not 100% clear, it seems to indicate the filter is inside the vehicle. So the compressor takes air form the cabin. Somehow, though, it exhaust outside even though it seems to show the exhaust and intake going through the same silencer portion. With that said, when I worked on the compressor I saw a "drain tube" that dumped onto the compressor. Thought it was an odd thing and assumed it was rear AC drain. Turns out its actually the compressor exhaust tail end. So at least I learned that. Attached is a PDF I found that is really handy on EAS stuff.

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Old Mate (06-09-2018)
Old 05-31-2018 | 05:17 PM
Pro Wrench

There is also the desiccant ( moisture filter ) on the compressor itself which requires periodic replacement.

Old 05-31-2018 | 07:12 PM
|
Camel Trophy

True. I already rebuilt my compressor last month. New desiccant and metal cap. That stuff was in rough shape, lots of white powder.

Old 06-09-2018 | 07:01 PM
Drifting

Hi

Di you end up replacing the filter per the diagram you attached? If so, do you have the part number and was it very difficult?

I've read a couple of other forums and there seem to be mixed messages as to the difficulty, predominately from access.

Atlantic British list this item (https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RQB000418G) as the LR3 EAS Compressor Air Inlet Tube & Filter, which seems the right part?

However, I am wondering if there is just a filter we can swap out or does it need to be the entire part listed at Atlantic British?

Thanks

Old 10-22-2018 | 07:11 PM
|
Camel Trophy

I never ended up replacing the filter. And I am not certain I ever will. It is in a very well protected location. Originally I suspected outside the body some place. So dust would be a BIG concern. But since its inside the vehicle, I dont think dust will be a major issue. Here are some pics I took tonight to help those thinking of replacing it. If you pull the left rear access panel, you will fine a black tube behind a wire harness. From there you can feel up into the cavity for the filter itself. Honestly, instead of spending $$ on the LR filter which has the entire tube, I would not hesitate to source a suitable filter that could plug onto the hose end instead. Any sorta of paper filter would probably work fine. If you wish you replace, you will have to pull the carpet back to expose the rubber grommet for removal.