LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 as a first vehicle, sorry if already posted??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool LR3 as a first vehicle, sorry if already posted??

Hello everyone, I am a new member, and I was wanting to ask fellow Land Rover enthusiasts what they though of buying a LR3 as a first vehicle. I am 24 years old and this would be my very first car (in my name) that I buy. I have found the perfect one I think that I am looking at. It is an 07' black with black interior and 31,000 miles on it. I have driven a ford taurus up until now. I am a drummer and need room to move my gear and it is hard to do with the car. I also have 7 members in my immediate family and that works out great with the seating. I am not rich but I have saved enough at my current job of 4 years to start out my ownership on a good foot. Just wanted to know anyones thoughts who owned the vehicle and any input they had. I have known about reliability issues and software upgrades and everything but I was just wanting some opinions. Thanks everyone!!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Overlanding

Are you mechanically inclined enough to do maintenance yourself? All cars have their problems but land rovers are expensive if you can't do any work yourself. Do you go offroad or live in an area where a 4x4 makes life easier? I love mine and will never buy anything else. These are valid questions you should think about, and I think others would agree But hey if you have always wanted one and you have the opportunity go for it man. You'll love it

Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will love it. Just remember like all vehicles there comes a time for maintenance and it is expensive. but if you are cool with that I have an o5 53k on the clock and love it. it has been fairy problem free. I plan to buy another when this one wears out. Which is a first for me I always want something different until now.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Three Wheeling

That's awesome that you have been saving for so long and now are ready to purchase! Maintenance is key for these vehicles. Also, if something WERE to go wrong they aren't the cheapest to fix. Luckily yours will have a few years and a few thousand miles under warranty remaining. If an LR is the vehicle you've been wanting for a while then go for it. I have an 05' with 52kmiles and it's been great!

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear

Hello everyone, thanks for your replys. To MHaise57, i dont really have that much mechanical know how. I can change oil and spark plugs and I have access to one of those diagnostic code readers. Thats about it though. When you go in to a LR dealership for a routine maintenance after the warranty has run out, how much does that cost about?? I do not go off road at all really. I might have to drive in the snow every once in a great while but that is it. Just on the highway 98% of the time.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by edrums21
Hello everyone, thanks for your replys. To MHaise57, i dont really have that much mechanical know how. I can change oil and spark plugs and I have access to one of those diagnostic code readers. Thats about it though. When you go in to a LR dealership for a routine maintenance after the warranty has run out, how much does that cost about?? I do not go off road at all really. I might have to drive in the snow every once in a great while but that is it. Just on the highway 98% of the time.
An oil change is 7-8qts of oil plus filter and about 1/2hr. The dealer charges like $85-120 from what I've seen. checking alignment quarterly or twice yearly is a good idea for the LR3 as well. Alignment are about $80.

And once you go off road with your LR you'll definitely want to more often.