LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Suspension Faults w/troubleshooting updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 10:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by bmdubbs
Chris,

I'm not certain which supplier is best. I picked up a new-old-stock relay that said Ford on it. I tried it: didn't make a difference.

UPDATE:
- I removed the 70A relay & directly wired across the ports via a wire with a 30A in-line fuse. Compressor turned on, no problem.
- Vehicle still refused to raise. I let compressor run for 1 minute, then shut it off. Let it cool for 5 minutes, then ran again for 30 seconds. Still, the vehicle would not raise.
- This morning, I start the vehicle. All of a sudden, I hear the compressor kick on. No suspension fault is displayed on the dash. Vehicle does not appear to be lifting.
- As I'm driving, out of my neighborhood, the amber suspension fault turn to red when I exceed 30 mph. I pull over & hop out. Lo and behold, the suspension had raised!!

WTH?!?! I'm certainly baffled. I've ordered the GAP IID Tool. It should arrive next week.
You'll be able to read the live values with the GAP, but it sounds like you might have a bad height sensor.

​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
Chris Gatan (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackngold77
You'll be able to read the live values with the GAP, but it sounds like you might have a bad height sensor.

​​​​​
update* codes C1130-66 (suspension) and U0132-87 (instrument cluster)

Old 02-22-2021, 04:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you, Chris. The tool was supposed to arrive this Wednesday, but with all the weather issues, I'm guessing it pushed out to next week. I'll let you know when I get it and what the update is after reading.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:56 PM
Overlanding

Update* used gap tool to deflate air from system. Replaced the front air valve. Iam no longer getting the original C1130 code but am now reviewing a U0132-87 (28) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message. And the vehicle front is staying at "standard" ride height. Rear is as was previous to repair. I was going to get the front calibrated but am concerned that the new code is the problem not calibration? Any ideas and thought are appreciated

Old 02-23-2021, 08:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts
Default Yes, lots of thoughts...

1. That U-code means nothing.
2. Definitely re-calibrate.
3. You don't "recalibrate the front" you recalibrate the EAS as a whole.
4. You can recalibrate it yourself with the GAP tool.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:19 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by houm_wa
1. That U-code means nothing.
2. Definitely re-calibrate.
3. You don't "recalibrate the front" you recalibrate the EAS as a whole.
4. You can recalibrate it yourself with the GAP tool.
going to get the unlock for calibration in the a
​​​.m. thanks for the help. Will calibrate back to original specs

Old 02-23-2021, 09:49 PM
Camel Trophy

I'm a bit confused....the "unlock for calibration" in the morning??? What "unlock" are you talking about?

Are you saying that your GAP Tool isn't tied to your VIN (yet) so you cannot use it to calibrate the EAS?

Old 02-23-2021, 09:54 PM
Overlanding

I'm a bit confused....the "unlock for calibration" in the morning??? What "unlock" are you talking about?

Are you saying that your GAP Tool isn't tied to your VIN (yet) so you cannot use it to calibrate the EAS?
​​​​​​i think there are 2 gap tools available. The one I have won't calibrate until "unlocked" from gap -diagnostics. The other gap tool is a shop version open to all calibration on multiple vehicles

Old 02-23-2021, 11:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Default Well, almost...

...where did you get this GAP tool? I'm guessing it's 2nd hand. I'll tell ya why, if that's the case.

When you buy the tool you have to register it, including your VIN. That's when all features are enabled. You can add other VINs too. I have two LR3s and my IIDTool works on both because I added a second VIN.

...and yes there is a "pro" version that allows for use on any VIN.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:52 AM
Overlanding

...where did you get this GAP tool? I'm guessing it's 2nd hand. I'll tell ya why, if that's the case.

When you buy the tool you have to register it, including your VIN. That's when all features are enabled. You can add other VINs too. I have two LR3s and my IIDTool works on both because I added a second VIN.

...and yes there is a "pro" version that allows for use on any VIN.
It was directly from gap-diagnotics. There is an additional "unlock fee" shown on website for full vin diagnostics and adjustments. Now that I have the IId tool ready to go, my next question is-

Does the user manual give (3) different ways to calibrate? Looking at page 110 under "app sensor calibration" and I believe this is the way I need to go considering I deflated system without taking measurement s? Please confirm. Thank you 🙏

Quick Reply: LR3 Suspension Faults w/troubleshooting updates