Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/)
-   -   my 05 lr3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/my-05-lr3-69520/)

TOM R 10-09-2014 08:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 37322
06 bumper removed

Rear bumper top view
Attachment 37323

Rear frame vibration damper with bracket
Attachment 37324

TOM R 10-09-2014 08:24 AM

This is why you run a vin check guy wanted 10k for this 50k mile 05 I ran a carfax on the spot showed him and crawled under saw the damage and pointed it out, he knew it and was not gonna tell me, this made it a $5k rover

The 06 I ran a vin check it was fine no reported wrecks

If I did not have the 06 sitting here she could have drove it how it was I am just ocd on car stuff and want it to be right, sucks neither came with the hitch although the 05 bumper would have fell off lol

TOM R 10-09-2014 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pic of bumper welded on and finished product properly resembled

Now if I want we can get a hitch adapter and tow, also now no worries of being rear ended with an already crushed bumper

Attachment 37316

Attachment 37317

TOM R 10-10-2014 07:11 PM

Link to repair for remote wiring
https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...working-69580/

Fixed that and blew out the pass side hvac drain just in case it was clogged

Now need to figure out the radio and nav cutting out nav is a new issue radio was very intermittentnow no sound at all

TOM R 10-16-2014 10:42 AM

serviced rear diff it is humming and leaking from pinion seal, oil was contaminated, blew out vent line refilled with royal purple max gear 75w/90, no locker

sucks at 50k miles it already has a bad rear diff

serviced front rear, oil was clean and new, no leaks refilled with the royal purple max gear 75w/90

2 qts seemed to fill em both

serviced transfer case fluid looked pretty clean, 1.5 qts royal purple synchromax

replaced transmission mount, it was broken and looks like it was that way for a loooong time

Air pump bracket broken so got that changed out, pump looks brand new guess the box works well, now pump is super quiet barely hear it running

TOM R 10-20-2014 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife wanted black wheels so black plastic dip looks great

Attachment 37190

TOM R 10-26-2014 06:30 PM

Got the park brake shoes replaced and adjusted, drivers side had no lining just the metal shoes and they were dragging on the drum, my buddies put it in service mode and all is adjusted

Think I have the nav fixed,, tried swap out the disc, then the nav computer, and finally the screen

Screen seemed to fix it, guess I will know in a few days if it's fixed

radio has now decided it wants to work lol

TOM R 10-27-2014 08:16 PM

well got the driveshaft heat shield installed , it was missing

added 2nd row heated seat buttons, just need to swap the seat this is prewired

added the console refrigerator, also prewired

added the puddle lamps on the bottom of the 4 doors, also pre wired just cut the door panels

TOM R 10-27-2014 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
fridge install

ok this is easy to do

block wheels

put shifter in neutral, pull up and twist on shifter handle it pops off

there is a screw in front of the park brake lever, it can be Phillips or torx, remove it

flip open console lid, remove the rubber mat under the ashtray area

now grab and pull up the top of the console on the sides where the top and bottom halves meet it is hard to remove but will come off

you can now lift it high enough to get past the shifter stalk and rotate it clockwise 90* , the wiring is tight so be careful, I unplugged it all to get the cover off all the way

there are 3 plugs; park brake, shift lights, off road selector ( this one was hard to remove had to use a screwdriver to ease it out)

now there are 2 screws in the front one on each side at front of the glove box ( see pic)

next put both front seats forward, take a torx remove both console lid hinge bolts, and the hinge caps ( see pic)

now grab the cubby box and pull up hard it has clips on bottom

last locate the fridge plug, it will have a piece of foam wrapped around it, drop in the fridge and reverse procedure

Attachment 37093

TOM R 10-27-2014 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic remove screws and caps for lid hinges, that hole in the fridge flange is for the factory satellite radio

Attachment 37092