LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mysterious red/green wired connector

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mysterious red/green wired connector

1. I have a 2008 LR3 SE 4.4, new stop light switch, battery and alternator (all within the last week). As I was checking on the condition of my TCCM (very little signs of corrosion)....I noticed this two wire (red/green) connector just "hanging out" from one of the wire bundles. I have no clue where it goes because I couldn't see any other type of connector, so I was hoping one of you can help me find its home.

2. My LR3 has a u0102 code (loss connection to TCCM). I have several faults: transmission, suspension, ABS, lowered suspension and my gears don't change properly unless I switch to manual and change gears manually. Also, my turn signals and hazards work, but I have no sound from them. And voice command doesn't work either (no big deal on that one though). I put it neutral and I was able to raise the truck and pull fuse f26 (before putting it back in Drive) so I wouldn't bounce all the way home. I checked the ground coming for battery and also wire bundles on the passenger side kick panels I am leaning toward ordering another TCCM. Any other suggestions?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Would be easier with more information on where it's going or coming from, if theres a connector number on it, etc.

http://rave.stringsandints.com/LRL18...R3-Wiring).pdf

Old 12-20-2018, 01:12 AM
Drifting

True. I'd have to open up that bundle to attempt that. I was hoping someone would know by looking at the connector.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:38 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Non important. IFRC t his is a connector used by Land Rover during transportation to US for battery maintenance, initial start up and wake up procedures or something along the lines.

The following users liked this post:
Rhino007 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by thorgal
Non important. IFRC t his is a connector used by Land Rover during transportation to US for battery maintenance, initial start up and wake up procedures or something along the lines.
Thanks Thorgal!

Old 12-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Drifting

So I dropped it off at a local indie (Pike Creek Auto) and they have several certified Land Rover technicians on staff. I figured the TCCM was bad since I got the U0102 code, but they ended up checking all the wiring just in case as well. I should be picking it up today after they program the new transfer case module.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:34 AM
Drifting

Well I picked it last night and it drove and operated nicely! Well for about 30 min!! Then it did a couple of hard shifts and threw a p0730 and p0735 codes. Then the "F" popped up on the dash and the truck went to "limited gears", so I pulled over, cut the truck off, waited ashore 2-3 min, started it back up and all was good again for a few more miles. I'm hoping it just needs some transmission fluid added. I also noticed I didn't have a heat shield between transmission pan and exhaust. Could that be adding to the issue of it intermittently not shifting to 5th and 6th gears?
2008 LR3 SE ,162k miles, 3rd owner.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:09 AM
Drifting

I'll be dropping it off at the shop again this morning to see if they can figure it out. I'm hoping its just a fluid issue. Or worst case a shift solenoid. Fingers crossed.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:14 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hearing that this vehicle had previous owners, I suspect that there was some work attempted underneath in the Tranny area, and it was not done with optimum professional application. Heat shield missing?? Yikes...! I am resurrecting an '05 LR3, and I will be doing a TCC Solenoid/Valve Seals/Filter & Fluid change out, and beyond how simple the process really is, I get a chance to look at what condition the valve body and such may be in. I saw missing bolts for the protective plates and mis-matched connectors in other parts of the truck, which led me to assume that it was serviced at the "cheapest rate."
If you are able, I strongly suggest getting a look underneath for yourself, and documenting what you see, so you can possibly forecast what may be other areas to address possibly.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by yockstar
Hearing that this vehicle had previous owners, I suspect that there was some work attempted underneath in the Tranny area, and it was not done with optimum professional application. Heat shield missing?? Yikes...!..............
If you are able, I strongly suggest getting a look underneath for yourself, and documenting what you see, so you can possibly forecast what may be other areas to address possibly.
Yockstar, you are exactly correct. I purchased a heart shield, but still need to find a bracket, may go online and order one today. I also noticed that after we got a serious downpour of rain and I went out to open the passenger door... water poured out onto my feet! Looks like I'll be unclogging sunroof drains. I also need to figure out how to get the navigation system working (says "navigation not fitted") I tried another DVD drive, but no luck. So my next move will be to remove the panels to check the wiring there since I don't know how long rain water has been dripping inside that passenger side panels.

Quick Reply: Mysterious red/green wired connector