LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LR3 owner . . . two questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LR3 owner . . . two questions

First Question:

Can't seem to figure something out, according to the manual (reprint from the web, original gone) my LR3 is equipped with rear fog lights (light **** has two "pull" settings, one for the front foggies and one for what appears to be for the rears) . . . . um, can't quite figure out what that means?

Can't see any difference in the rear taillights . . . .any help to solving this mystery would be much appreciated.

Second Question:

There is an auxillary jack located in the rear passenger "control panel (center console)" beside the heated seat buttons and above the power socket, any idea what this is for? It doesn't look aftermarket and I can't find any reference in the manual. Dealership (or better said my salesperson) has no idea.

Thanks to all and any that can shed some light!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have front fog lights? They would be located in the large black plastic end pieces on your front bumper. Pulling the light **** once when the lights are already on, will activate the front fog lights. A second pull on the light **** will activate the rear fog lights, which are basically the rear light assemblies.

I believe the auxiliary jack you are referring to is a input for an iPod or similar product. It is the small hole labeled AUX. It accepts a 1/8" jack like those you find on earbud type headphones. Once plugged in, you can then hear it by pressing the AUX button on your radio head unit.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by hell pie
Do you have front fog lights? They would be located in the large black plastic end pieces on your front bumper. Pulling the light **** once when the lights are already on, will activate the front fog lights. A second pull on the light **** will activate the rear fog lights, which are basically the rear light assemblies.

I believe the auxiliary jack you are referring to is a input for an iPod or similar product. It is the small hole labeled AUX. It accepts a 1/8" jack like those you find on earbud type headphones. Once plugged in, you can then hear it by pressing the AUX button on your radio head unit.
Hellpie, yes I have factory front fog lights, and you're correct, the first "pull" turns them on, but the second "pull" doesn't seem to do anything.

Re: the Aux jack, I thought that might be what it was for, seems odd that they would put it back there though.

My LR3 is already in the shop (just bought it two weeks ago) to address a bug that causes the "transmission options" to become "unavailable". Made the appointment for around noon today but they said they won't be able to get to it until tomorrow . . . .so why did I make the appointment today? Is this typical of the Rover service departments?

At any rate, once I get it back, I'll try the iPod theory . . . .

Old 09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
4wd Low

The auxiliary jack is for Mp3 players, iPods, and GPS systems. The rear fog light pull turns on the bottom most red light on the taillight, this is mainly for use in dense fog, this is a very bright light ad you should be noticing a difference in how bright the redness is behind your vehicle.

2005 Lr3 SE

Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by aaps59
The auxiliary jack is for Mp3 players, iPods, and GPS systems. The rear fog light pull turns on the bottom most red light on the taillight, this is mainly for use in dense fog, this is a very bright light ad you should be noticing a difference in how bright the redness is behind your vehicle.

2005 Lr3 SE
Re: Rear Fog . . . . that's sort of what I thought, after I get it back from the shop I'll check it again . . . .

Thanks!