LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LR3 or Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LR3 or Range Rover

I currently own a 1997 Range Rover HSE, thinking about getting a 2nd Range Rover or an LR3, but before i decide i want to kno what u current LR3 owners think about yours, if i get an LR3 it will be an HSE.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:45 AM
8th Gear
Default RE: New LR3 or Range Rover

I had a 2003 Discovery SE which I liked very much. Quite capable off road and fun to drive every day too. In December bought a 2006 LR3 SE. My wife has fallen in love with the LR3. Easier for her to drive, she often takes it instead of her Mercedes now. She feels safe, tells me it (the LR3) is easy and comfortable to drive.

She likes the navigation system and especially the air suspension with lower entry and exit. Makes it easy for her mom to get in and out too. In both cases, the disco and the LR3, the dealer service is an important factor. Never had any major problems with the Disco, and so far no problems with the LR3. When I take it in for oil changes etc. often find that the service rep (same one for 4 years now) has taken care of things that I didn't even know where problems yet, really! Great service, Mike D. at Land Rover North Scottsdale.

Took the LR3 on a trail over the Bradshaw mountains (Arizona) a couple of weeks ago and the terrain system was awsome. Good clearance over rocks and the hill descent worked better than the Disco's.

I keep close tabs on mileage and have found that the new engine and transmission combo is giving me better mileage than the Disco did, between 17.5 and 18 mpg on the highway. Smooth and powerful too on longer trips, the cruise control actually works on the LR3!

Bought the LR3 off the floor, wife liked the chrome (LR) wheels and black paint, I liked the Pepsi cooler in the center console. And the rear seats actually fold flat this time, 6 feet of flat floor when I go to the home improvement center along with wider free space in the back.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:50 PM
4th Gear

I have had my LR3 HSE for 2 months now and love it. I originally went to the dealer intent upon buying a Range Rover. However, after actually driving the LR3, I determined that it is a far more practical and versatile vehicle for real life...kids, dogs, storage. It might not match the range in overall luxury and looks, but if you are actually use it for what it was made for, I think that the LR3 is just more versatile and practical....not to mention 20K cheaper.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
4wd Low

I was looking at new Land Rovers and considered the LR3. I ended up with a Range Rover Sport. What a beauty. And, I got to keep my disco, too....

Old 03-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Mudding

Alright thanks for the insight. With any luck i'll have a new rover by the end of the month