LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not another air leak question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 10:33 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Not another air leak question.

Hello, 2005 LR3, had pretty major sag in front end on both sides. Changed the valve block. It did not fix the problem. It helped a lot but it still sags in the front. Noticeably more on passenger side but after valve block fix it takes a lot longer to drain out. So I've tried spraying the struts to see bubbles but found nothing. What should my next move be? Really don't wanna start buying new struts and replacing parts without knowing. Thank you guys so much for any advice.

FYI, has always planned on just switching out to coils when the air stopped working properly but I've decided I'm gonna try fixing this. I've given myself a $500 budget. Already spent $125 on the valve block.

Old 04-04-2022, 04:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

If you think you have a leak and the soap trick isn't working, you could remove power to the EAS and measure heights and look for deltas the next day. If it's not leaking but is lowering abnormally, you could have a calibration or height sensor issue. Are you getting any faults? Do you have an IIDTool or some device that reads codes and can calibrate the suspension?

The following users liked this post:
Rufflyer (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 04:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Did you spray the very on top of them? That is where they usually leak.

Old 04-04-2022, 11:23 PM
Winching

Apologies for not including that info in my original post. Yes I have a GAP tool and stored suspension code is C1A13-64.
Ever since I bought the truck (4 months ago) I've been getting random occasional suspension fault pop up on the dash. It shows the levelling warning in either red or yellow and often says don't drive over 30 MPH etc etc. It's probably about once every 2 weeks. Always happens within a couple minutes of morning start up. I simply turn the truck off restart and it's fine.
I've done the fuse pull overnight after extending the struts and both front struts drop but the front right drops a lot like pretty much all the way where the left maybe drops about 1".
Like I said, I've tried the soapy water but I'll try it again this weekend. Yes I sprayed on top of shock. Again, thanks for any help.

Old 04-04-2022, 11:50 PM
Camel Trophy

Okay so that's the "pressure not decreasing" message. I just dealt with this about a month ago. I have a Hitachi compressor on my '06 so I had the drier changed out. On the AMK I have read there is a solenoid valve that can be changed to remedy the same symptom. I bought the damn thing, thinking I had an AMK but I don't. I do in the '05 though so I held onto the part. Both are fairly cheap.

Don't do coils.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:37 AM
Winching

HOUM_WA want to sell that part? Or can you tell me the part name and number I'll pick one up. Easy install?

Old 04-05-2022, 12:45 PM
Camel Trophy

I don't want to sell it, because one of my LR3s indeed has an AMK compressor so I want the spare part. I will; however, take a photo of it and send it to you, if you'd like. I don't know how easy the install is because I never wound up having to do it or get it done. Someone on this board would surely know, though.

I don't do much wrenching. I lack patience, tools and space. I do the troubleshooting and diagnosis and then I take it in to get worked on. It seems to work out for me.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:14 PM
Winching

I went ahead and ordered the air compressor solenoid valve. If anyone has experience with install some help would be great.
Also wanted to ad the since I've changed the front valve block I'm getting major sag overnight on the passenger side front but not really anywhere else. Is there a chance that the valve block could be leaking to the passenger side causing this? Thanks for any help. Cheers.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:01 AM
Camel Trophy

Typically if it's in one corner it's the strut.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Typically if it's in one corner it's the strut.
I second that - that strut is likely your problem.

Please post the part # and a source for that solenoid though - it may help others in the future.

Quick Reply: Not another air leak question.