LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One problem or many...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Mudding
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default One problem or many...

Rover has been acting funny.

Suspension fault coming on and normally turning itself off...and it mostly does this when I come to a stop. Rarely happens when I'm doing 70 on the highway.

Flicker of the adaptive light warning. Never stays on. Just flickers.

Blower motor will randomly turn off. Turns back on if I turn it back on

Transmission fault. Limited gears avail. Goes away on restart.

You guys are the geniuses! Thoughts? A few weeks back when this stuff started happening I thought; gotta be a battery issue. I took it to auto store and had the battery tested and the guy said battery was good. I debate this because for my first 50k mies I churned through two batteries and now I've had the existing battery for 80k miles. It would seem like its lasted longer than it should have, right?

Time to trade this puppy in or could it in fact be battery? Electrical? Alternator starting to fail?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

For it to be acting up like that while driving, and not just at or shortly after startup, I wouldn't suspect the battery, as you're using the alternator for most of your power.

Have you noticed any water getting in to the vehicle, passenger's front floor damp?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Mudding

Can't say I've noticed any moisture down there. What's important down there that doesn't like moisture aside from the GPS module under the seat?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

"Can't say I've noticed any moisture down there."

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mirepoixmatt
Can't say I've noticed any moisture down there. What's important down there that doesn't like moisture aside from the GPS module under the seat?
In short, a massive wiring loom and multiple ground points. Also, Autozone has told me too many times that my batteries are okay when, in fact, they were the issue. Get yourself a decent voltmeter and check the battery yourself. Or better yet, grab a ScanGauge and get live electrical data while you're driving and these issues pop up. But first and foremost, make sure your AC drains are clear as well as the front passenger sunroof drain tube. Both can wreak havoc on the electrics.

Last edited by willrok13; 11-11-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Mudding

Roverguy7(Dave),

I don't feel any moisture really but your comment got me thinking and researching. Were you going to suggest water may be coming in from the a pillar? I saw a sheet on patching it from the exterior but IF you were suggesting this, where would I look in the interior for potential wires that have been corrupted/corroded by water? Door plan? Kick panel?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

+1 Brake Light Switch! I took my car to the battery house, after having charged it all night on the ctek, had errors enroute. They "tested" it, and I determined it was good because it had a week left of warranty. I insisted, and they replaced it, problem solved... Those would be my two main starting points.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I was wondering more so about the lower windshield cowl letting water in, when it does, it will go directly on the CJB, which powers up many different vehicle systems. Best check to see if water is getting in there is to pull the pollen filter, and see if it has been wet.

Did all of this start happening at the same time?

Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Mudding

Hard to tell but I'll fish around the glove box and pull the pollen filter and see if I detect any moisture. In a perfect scenario this could make sense if some water got to my blower motor down there and there is some corrosion somewhere.

I'll let to know what I find (when I figure out how to substitute that special tool it says I need to et the glove box off).

Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mirepoixmatt
Hard to tell but I'll fish around the glove box and pull the pollen filter and see if I detect any moisture. In a perfect scenario this could make sense if some water got to my blower motor down there and there is some corrosion somewhere.

I'll let to know what I find (when I figure out how to substitute that special tool it says I need to et the glove box off).
No special tool should be required to remove glove box, just strong thumbs!

Quick Reply: One problem or many...