LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA

Anbody have any dealings with sales or service at Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA? Looking to buy a used LR3 from them.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA

I've only dealt with the MB side, but I sold that one for an LR3. I've got the 30k service coming up and will let you know (if you haven't already made a decision).

Old 01-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Overlanding

How was the buying experience with them for the LR3?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Three Wheeling

I have an appointment for Monday. Unfortunately I did not purchase from them, which means no loaner (they offered a rental for $25-30). Hopefully it won't have any other impact. [&:]
I am looking at buying the extended warranty from them so I don't know if I can negotiate in the loaner deal and such with it. I have to talk to the manager for the ex-warranty, so I'll let you know what they're like afterwards.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt think it mattered if you bought it from them or not for the loaner
i know my dealer gives us one and i didnt buy it from them
but that is in michigan
i would check with LR

Old 01-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: davidlt

I have an appointment for Monday. Unfortunately I did not purchase from them, which means no loaner (they offered a rental for $25-30). Hopefully it won't have any other impact. [&:]
I am looking at buying the extended warranty from them so I don't know if I can negotiate in the loaner deal and such with it. I have to talk to the manager for the ex-warranty, so I'll let you know what they're like afterwards.
Let me know how it goes. I also called them to ask if I purchased elsewhere would I get a loaner and the answer was no. Saw some great buys at Carmax. Currently I am looking at Phillips' LR3 loaners they have for sale.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what i did was i told them i just moved to the area and my ther dealer gave me a loaner and expect it. if you have a problem on a trip they should give you a loner. you bought a LR not a Dodge or somthing. also get the ext. warr. some of those pay for a loner if you have a problem. but they also have a deductable alot of times. i think they are trying to pull a fast one on you. i would call LR and tell them you moved to an area and the dealer in yyour new area is wanting to charge you for a loaner and se what they say.
i bought mine thru luxory motors they are like a high end carmax got a good deal. but i could be wrong on the loner thing and it might be a individual dealer thing. but dost ask them if i buy one from somewhere else will i get a loner if you ask that way id tell you no they want you to buy their car not somewhere else. you have to take a different approach. you moved in the area or somthing and want to schedule maintence and heard they do a good job schmooze them thats how you get what you want.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Three Wheeling

I spoke to LR and they said it was up to the dealer as to wether they offer a loaner or not. They can speak to a dealer on behalf of a customer, but its ultimately up to the dealer to decide.

Also, told me that the dealer is not suppose to mark up the extended warranty and that there shouldn't be a change in price until within a month/ 1,000 miles of the end of the original warranty. This definitely seems to go against what I've seen posted by others.

Philips has been pretty straight forward in my dealings so far, but they are out for their profit. Again I'll post again Tuesday following the service.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Had a good experience with them today (30,000 mile). They were quick to get the car in and me out. I was given a Honda Civic (more on that later) for the $25 rental fee.

i returned before they had called, but was trying to avoid tunnel traffic. My rep, Holly was again very polite, but a bit off about the time estimate for when it would be ready. In the meantime I spoke with the Financing Manager- straight up individual, about an extended warranty. There were two options a LR one and a third party, AUL. If you want the details on them I can post that info as well. He was very straight forward in his information didn't push either option or a sale. Did find out that they hold the LR loaners for customers who buy there (car or warranty). So I'd give him honesty points there.

Service area if pretty nice (very nice leather chairs), with signature coffee and pastries, flat panel tv. The tv was on Fox news, i didn't ask to change it (I was the only one there waiting) as I was surfing the free wifi. The receptionist/ pick-up/ pay lady was very nice and I think she would have readily changed it if I asked.

When i went to pay the guy in front of me had an issue with his bill (compared to a previous time) She (pay/pick-up) explained as best she could and offered to have the service rep or manager explain it further if her answers didn't answer his question or if he had others. He declined.

Parts guys seemed like a good bunch too (checking prices on wheels).

Only issue I have is that my rep didn't explain the ticket in any way or recap the service- I only say this as they had to order a part, which will require me to return and I feel she should have mentioned it. When I stopped at her door on the way out to clarify it, she was very nice and confirmed that was what it was.

Overall I feel better about them than my last Benz dealer, just wish they were on this side of the water. Now if I can just get then to trade 18" wheels for my 19's (don't knw why they chuckled when I mentioned it)[sm=dontgetit.gif] So I guess they've got a decent sense of humor too.

axg1040: I'd check out that VIP loaner (you mentioned in the other thread) at Edmunds for its TMV (to compare with also). But if you buy elsewhere (I got mine through Carmax) and then get an extended warranty from them, its just like having bought from them as far as service (loaner mainly) goes. And you'll probably find a better deal.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Overlanding

Thanks for the detailed write up. So if I read your post correctly....if I buy an LR3 from say Carmax and then buy the extended warranty from Phillips they (Phillips) will give me a loaner?
Even if it is in for just regular service?I knew they would for warranty work.
That certainly opens my search up some.
Did they give you a price on the LR OEMextended warranty?
Thanks again for the post.

Quick Reply: Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, VA