LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

programming keys

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:24 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programming keys

just want to know if anyone here was successful in reprogramming their keys to make suspension go up or down. I wanted to avoid going to the dealership if possible.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2006, 01:37 AM
8th Gear
Default RE: programming keys

Good question. I looked into doing this (lowering vehicle from outside using key fob) since one of the family members has a difficult time getting into the LR3 at normal heighth. I had anticipated being able to lower the LR3 as we approached the parked vehicle. After trying several times following the owner's manual, I couldn't get it to work.

Asked the service rep, who has been great on all other matters, and it sounds like it can be done when the safety flashers are blinking. I suppose it is a safety matter similar to the doors having to be closed before going up or down. I opted not to do it if the vehicle had to look like a landing spaceship. Now I run ahead, start the car, with doors closed, and then get back out and help the passenger get in.

Any one else have a better experience?

Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
8th Gear

As I understand it, the automatic lowering thing has to be done with the engine running to power the air compressors... It didn't make much sense to me, as how would I hit the remote button with the engine running?

If someone can better explain this?

Thanks!

Old 12-15-2006, 03:31 PM

These are the steps that I took on my 05 LR3 HSE and 06 Range Rover Sport HSE

I'll start from the beginning.

To Program your Key to use the key to remote control the Suspension:

1) Turn on Vehicle with engine running
2) Turn off Vehicle
3) Quickly turn on Hazard flashing lights (#3 and 4 has to be done within 60 sec after turning off vehicle)
4) On Your Key while with the hazard lights are still flashing and doors closed: On your key Press and hold down the button with the Land Rover logo then Press down on suspension ****. You'll hear a bing sound confirming that it was programmed.

To Remote Control your suspension:

1) Vehicle has to be turned off
2) Turn on Flashing Hazard Lights (2-5 can be done at any time with vehicle off and all doors closed)
3) Exit the car and make sure all doors are closed
4) On your key, PRESS and HOLD down the Land Rover Logo Button.
5) While still pressing down on the Land Rover Logo Button, press the unlock button to lower and lock to raise the vehicle.

I hope this will help you and the others as I also had a difficult time programming my key.

Any question, you can email me at secret_cha@yahoo.com.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
4th Gear

Programming your key to do the suspension is pretty useless. You still need to enter your car, turn on the blinkers, close the doors, before you can lower/raise the suspension while pressing key's button. The only advantage is that you don't have to start your engine.

It would have been useful if you can do the function without having to turn on the blinkers, but I guess Rover did this for safety reasons.

I, therefore, went with the auto lights which is useful when parked in dark places.

Old 02-06-2021, 12:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if you can use the IIDTool or something similar to disable the need to use the hazards lights to raise and lower from the key fob? I agree with the above poster, it's basically a useless function if you have to enter the car.