LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop. Drop. Bump stops.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 06:14 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stop. Drop. Bump stops.

It was going so well. Took out the LR3 this afternoon after fixing the brakes, bushings, control arms then I got an error. And the thing flashed a warning about the suspension and not to drive over 30.

I got out and the thing was on bump stops.

This is the code (below)

does this have to do with the rear valve that I just replaced? (Ignore the brake error- I have the fuse pulled). Is this valve faulty and I should have purchased an oem?

I managed to turn the truck off and then back on and then inflate all corners allowing me to return home…simply by activating the switch again. But it was quite a shock to find it that low.

I don’t really want to travel far in case it does it again…

Old 04-19-2022, 06:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 771 Likes on 645 Posts

Was the rear valve block for the rear? Front/rear are not interchangeable. Also go back there and tug down on the connector. They can be a little tricky to secure and there has been more than one case of that connector, or the front, not being fully attached and causing issues. Even I suffered that once. Oops!

Old 04-19-2022, 06:56 PM
Mudding

Oh yeah. Rear for sure. That was based on your advice to not mix them up

I’ll give it a tug to see it’s secured. If it is, anything else I should check?

Old 04-19-2022, 06:58 PM
Camel Trophy

Nothing much else to check really other than it being a suspect part itself. No other codes, so likely rules out sensors or compressor. The fault is basically saying its trying to activate cross-articulation and can not.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:03 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Nothing much else to check really other than it being a suspect part itself. No other codes, so likely rules out sensors or compressor. The fault is basically saying its trying to activate cross-articulation and can not.
10-4.

this would not have anything to do with the air connectors not being seated? I pushed them in as
far as I could so they sat correctly in the Voss (?) connector.

This would be an internal Solenoid issue?

also- why would all 4 corners go flat? Is that just what it does when It “freaks out”?

Old 04-19-2022, 07:07 PM
Camel Trophy

Nah, VOSS connectors are pretty nice. I feel better than push-connects. Only risk is messed up the threads really.

Yes, internal solenoid issue. There are three. One for each strut then the cross-link. Cross-link is alway open at low speeds to make a more comfortable ride.

Seems a bit dramatic to drop to access height (it did not drop to bumps) for this error. I am not sure what the proper fault behavior should be for this issue, could be dropping or you may have had another issue momentary. But with no codes, I doubt it.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

The Cross-Articulation Fault would drop 'im to bump stops though, no?

Note the time, the Cross-Art Fault was the latest fault, so I'd conclude that it was the one that put the LR3 to bumpstops (really Access Height). @Oceanguy33 you clearly have a GAP; start by doing the Guided Calibration routine.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:57 PM
Mudding

Thanks.

Actually I did this as a matter of course in trying to figure out things. The height was all out of whack for each corner so got it to the recommended height on each wheel with the calibration guide, then sent the config to the car.

And, I am pretty sure it was bump stops. I have never seen it that low...

So here's the question - even after cleaning the faults - this fault still comes up...therefore....

Old 04-19-2022, 10:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

....therefor your calibration is not very good. I guess....or maybe you have a bad height sensor? Nothing else that I know of sets a Cross-Art Fault. You may be right....Cross-Art Fault sends you to bump stops; Brake Light Switch sends you to Access Height.

Old 04-20-2022, 01:18 PM
Mudding

If it’s the calibration then that could be user error (ie me) and not understanding the gap tool.

I was trying to raise the vehicle a couple of inches instead of buying Johnson rods. I think I may have messed with the wrong settings, therefore creating some out of whack calibrated measurements.

I have reset using the guided calibration and will take it out shortly for a run. We will see if it soon triggers another.

out of interest, what on the gap tool is used to raise the vehicle for this purpose?

Quick Reply: Stop. Drop. Bump stops.