LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tactical LEFT side tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016 | 11:59 AM
Rock Crawling

Double check on that access hole - I was going to open mine up but as I recall there are some braces that run through that area that make it more of a challenge than you'd think.

In hindsight I might have tried the hidden winch but I do want a steel bumper. I just wish I had seen the Tactical in person before I bought the ARB. In the photos I didn't like the look of the Tactical but having seen it 'in living color' I found I liked it fine.

In reality I'm more likely to scale the LR3 back to more of a light-duty rig in the future as I get the RRC built up. It's just not the right platform for harder use and does it's best on moderate trails. I'll be keeping it, but hopefully next year the other truck will take over the rock work.

Old 07-11-2016 | 02:02 PM
Mudding

Thanks.
While installing the High Lift today I reached in the hole for access and the lever on the Warn works just fine and there seems to be enough access to get shelver in any position that I might require. Forgot how much room there actually was for my hand.
Really don't use a winch much but I do want one if I need it. Most of the time I had to use a winch previously it was to rescue someone else.

Old 07-18-2016 | 09:26 PM
|
Mudding

Well, yet another late reply from the one called Spiderman...

The main purpose of the original post was to show off Eric's handy work and willingness to provide me with the very first left side tire carrier. I asked for custom and I got it. AND it functions great.

The fitment issue seems to be widespread, even with many manufacturers, and was not intended to be the focus of the discussion; with that said, I feel as though opting for no powder coat was a good option so that I could tweak here and there and not be worried about the finish. I also plan to build my own gas can holder to suit my own needs and to fit with the cans I already own, so it is easier to just buy a few more cans of paint than to build it and have a shop powder coat afterward.

In short, if you are interested in a Tactical bumper with a left side tire carrier, at least mine was the guinea pig.