LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the catch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the catch?

I just purchased a 2007 LR3 w/ 74k miles, for $18,900.00 @ 3.25% (this includes tax, tag, and title and a 1 year 1200 mile warranty) It is in excellent condition, like new, not a thing wrong with it that I can find and rides like a dream. Needs new tires but that's about it. I did a ton of homework before picking it up. I checked blue book retail and it says I should have paid $28,200.00.... whats the catch? The place I bought it from is a small used car dealer in Wilmington, Nc.
Can I take it to a Land Rover dealer and get it inspected and an extended warranty?

Can anyone weigh in on this? Should I expect it to catch fire any minute now? Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. Can I take it to a Land Rover dealer and get it inspected and a new warranty?
Will the dealer take me on their on site off-road course?

Last edited by Brownsurccapt; 02-24-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Drifting

it is land rover lr3

Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dragan
it is land rover lr3
Usefull....

Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Winching

The dealer is right up the street from me and has one of those little tracks. You don't know how bad I've wanted to just swing through it. Both with the Disco and my M37... lol

Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Drifting

Absolutely! The test track is fun... I've done it more times than I'd like to admit, probably. (My dealer is close)

Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Brownsurccapt
I just purchased a 2007 LR3 w/ 74k miles, for $18,900.00 @ 3.25% (this includes tax, tag, and title and a 1 year 1200 mile warranty) It is in excellent condition, like new, not a thing wrong with it that I can find and rides like a dream. Needs new tires but that's about it. I did a ton of homework before picking it up. I checked blue book retail and it says I should have paid $28,200.00.... whats the catch? The place I bought it from is a small used car dealer in Wilmington, Nc.
Can I take it to a Land Rover dealer and get it inspected and an extended warranty?

Can anyone weigh in on this? Should I expect it to catch fire any minute now? Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. Can I take it to a Land Rover dealer and get it inspected and a new warranty?

Wow, either you just got extremely lucky or your car might self destruct in 24 hours.... jk congrats on the good deal. Should get a checkover at a stealer or a certified rover place. Can't hurt and could save you mega money finding any problems before they might get worse and such....

Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM
8th Gear

So far all good. Went trail riding yesterday and it performed perfectly.
Land Rover of Cape Fear told me, "Unfortunately, for liability reasons we can't take customers vehicles
over the test track, you can drive one of ours assisted with a sales
person if you like...I've added your email address to our event email
...list. If / when we have a "wheeling" event, you'll receive an email invite.

Congratulations on your new '07 LR3, have fun, and we look forward to
seeing you in the near future.

AJ"

But they are letting me drive one of their LR3's. I knew I should have bought from a dealer!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
4wd High

Wow, a 2007 for under $19k sounds like a phenomenal deal! Did you do a car fax on it? Maybe it was in a small fender bender at some point.

I recently was offered $19k trade in value for my 2005 LR3 (60k mi) from a dealer!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call the dealer ask about an inspection, it can't hurt to ask. I inquired about inspecting my 2004 Discovery and they told me upfront that if there are no warning lights on and no obvious leaks they will declare it good and I should save my money. They did not want to do a compression test or cooling system test for the 1 hour they will bill for an inspection. You might have better luck with a Land Rover independant.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 AM
8th Gear

I got an inspection done by Land Rover of Cape Fear. Other than "you need a new belt soon and I would change the plugs and wires." It passed with flying colors.
I just think there isn't a big market for a used LR3 around here and the guy I bought it from was tired of seeing it on his lot.

Loveing it right now. I find myself taking it wheeling more so than my 04 Jeep TJ Sahara

Quick Reply: Whats the catch?