LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Land Rover LR4 - Suspension Fault

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 04:28 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Land Rover LR4 - Suspension Fault

My 2012 LR4 is throwing a suspension fault "Only Normal Height Available".

I read my codes and the C1A33 "Rear left corner valve" error is being reported. If I clear this code and attempt to raise the rover, the right front (passenger side) wheel begins to rise (while the other 3 wheels remain at the same height) and then suddenly stops. The rover then throws the suspension fault error and the vehicle returns to normal height.

Based on the shop diagram of the air suspension system, it looks like the rear valve feeds the rear 2 tires. So, I'm not sure how the valve in the rear could be effecting the front left (driver side) wheel.

Could it be that the air compressor is failing and not able to provide enough pressure to the system? I'd assume that if the compressor was failing, that it would be throwing an error too?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris

Old 02-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 771 Likes on 645 Posts

Its because the vehicle raises all corners at the same time, so if it detects a fault it halts everything. Sounds like you have a faulty corner valve or faulty wiring to it. The valve blocks hold up really well usually, so pay close attention to connections and wiring first. If the air compressor was directly at fault, you would get a compressor code or see a message like "vehicle raising slowly". I think you can also bench test the valves for resistance values, but I dont know them off-hand.

Old 02-08-2022, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolved?

hello, I have the same issue. Was your issue ever resolve?

Originally Posted by ccvalentino
My 2012 LR4 is throwing a suspension fault "Only Normal Height Available".

I read my codes and the C1A33 "Rear left corner valve" error is being reported. If I clear this code and attempt to raise the rover, the right front (passenger side) wheel begins to rise (while the other 3 wheels remain at the same height) and then suddenly stops. The rover then throws the suspension fault error and the vehicle returns to normal height.

Based on the shop diagram of the air suspension system, it looks like the rear valve feeds the rear 2 tires. So, I'm not sure how the valve in the rear could be effecting the front left (driver side) wheel.

Could it be that the air compressor is failing and not able to provide enough pressure to the system? I'd assume that if the compressor was failing, that it would be throwing an error too?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris