LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 5.0 No start / No Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022 | 02:39 PM
|
4th Gear
Default LR4 5.0 No start / No Ignition

Hello, so i've had the car sitting in a warm garage for about 1 month and yesterday whe i was going to start it i got no response from the start button. The instrument+AC unit is dead. Only thing that will light up on the cluster is the red dot when i lock the car. And the AC unit is dead but the hazard work. Central locks and key fob works no problem. I checked battery yesteday and it was at 11.8-11.9 and charged it full over night but still same thing with car. Also tried jumping the car with another car running but no difference.

I've scanned the car but without being able to put the ignition on most modules can't be scanned. First scan i got lots of codes but only 2 could not be deleted.

I have no experience working with this car or any land rover so any tips would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-10-2024 | 09:27 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by jahaa
Hello, so i've had the car sitting in a warm garage for about 1 month and yesterday whe i was going to start it i got no response from the start button. The instrument+AC unit is dead. Only thing that will light up on the cluster is the red dot when i lock the car. And the AC unit is dead but the hazard work. Central locks and key fob works no problem. I checked battery yesteday and it was at 11.8-11.9 and charged it full over night but still same thing with car. Also tried jumping the car with another car running but no difference.

I've scanned the car but without being able to put the ignition on most modules can't be scanned. First scan i got lots of codes but only 2 could not be deleted.

I have no experience working with this car or any land rover so any tips would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

did you ever find the issue? I have the same problem.

Old 04-10-2024 | 12:01 PM
|
4th Gear

Originally Posted by moogs
did you ever find the issue? I have the same problem.

Hello, Yes it was a bad instrument cluster. Main problem was a fault in the canbus system, So i started unplugging modules and trying to start the car. What made this even harder is there is a immobilizer in the cluster. But after i removed the cluster all fault codes disappeared so i took a gamble and bought a used cluster and moved the eeprom for the immobilizer and everything was fine.

The following users liked this post:
moogs (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024 | 12:05 PM
Overlanding

Oof, good to know thank you very much! Hoping I can get one in mexico sooner than later.

Old 04-10-2024 | 12:14 PM
|
4th Gear

Originally Posted by moogs
Oof, good to know thank you very much! Hoping I can get one in mexico sooner than later.

No problem, if i remember correctly the eeprom i swapped was 24C16 for the car to start with new cluster. Good luck with repair.