LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Battery - 2011 LR4

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 06:06 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery - 2011 LR4

My battery started going all crazy the last few days, and figured it was toast. Warning lights coming on and staying on, and finally wouldn't start. Since I'm out of warranty, I went to NTB and they put in a new battery. They told me that I had the wrong battery in there, and that may have been the problem. Since the dealer installed that one, I called them to raise holy heck. Of course they denied it. Then he said, you have to come in and have us reset the Battery Monitoring System or your battery will drain, for another $140. True or false? NTB hooked up the car to a memory system, and basically had the car running when they replaced the battery. If so, did that damage anything? Do I need to take it to the dealer to reset the BMS or is that something I or NTB can do? Thanks!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 PM
4wd Low

Bummer that no one is answering your question... I am having the same issues but the dealer is now going to tell me what the problem is... What is NTB?

Old 02-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Real simple answer. Replace your battery with an Interstate MTP-94R/H7. Nothing fancy required. You will lose your radio presets in the process. Simply swap the old battery out and the new one in. Nothing different than every car...Dealer is full of BS

Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Gang, I was a big supporter of Interstate for a while. I'm over that now.

I've had so many batteries and problems and warranty run around.

I finally bit the bullet and switched to a Deka 9A94R AGM Intimidator series, vented. So far I couldn't be happier. Please consider that, it will save you some hassles.

Remember you can't expect to buy a discount battery, then have issues when it does not hold up.

EastPenn-Deka Online Parts Catalog

Last edited by unseenone; 03-31-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

OK.. Here's the deal with the battery monitoring systems on all Land Rover and Range Rover product equipped with BMS systems.
The battery monitor should be reset using SDD diagnostic equipmentwhen the battery is replaced.
If is not reset, systems such as the infotaiment or other voltage sensitive systems that are monitored by the BMS may not function as designed.
The Battery Monitor System should eventually re-learn / re calibrate itself to the new battery voltages.
Battery monitor systems are specifically designed for either a Lead Acid Battery or AGM battery.
If you install a AGM battery in place of a Lead Acid Battery you will need to install a new battery ground cable/bms with one used for a AGM vehicle.
Hope this helps clear things up

Old 05-19-2015, 02:29 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
OK.. Here's the deal with the battery monitoring systems on all Land Rover and Range Rover product equipped with BMS systems.
The battery monitor should be reset using SDD diagnostic equipmentwhen the battery is replaced.
If is not reset, systems such as the infotaiment or other voltage sensitive systems that are monitored by the BMS may not function as designed.
The Battery Monitor System should eventually re-learn / re calibrate itself to the new battery voltages.
Battery monitor systems are specifically designed for either a Lead Acid Battery or AGM battery.
If you install a AGM battery in place of a Lead Acid Battery you will need to install a new battery ground cable/bms with one used for a AGM vehicle.
Hope this helps clear things up
Dude! Really, new ground? WTF? So my factory 2007 battery was getting on in years so I dropped in a nice new Odyssey 1350...should that have a new type of ground? The dealer tech did not pick up on this that I recall when I asked, during warranty, why I was sometimes getting a silent "click" upon attempted starting.

Factory was most likely lead acid, the Odyssey are AGM dry cell:
ODYSSEY battery - Extreme Batteries

I have had a 2150 as my 2nd battery since 2007 and never have any trouble. I don't think my original build tech changed the ground on the factory battery but there it may have been seeing as there's a combo system, etc.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Changed my battery with an O'Rielly's AGM with no problems and no reset except windows. 900CCA $230.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Dude! Really, new ground? WTF? So my factory 2007 battery...
Dude.. Your 2007 LR3 does not have battery monitor.
What I posted, It is accurate. I don't make this sh*t up. Really
What can you expect to happen if you introduce a AGM battery to a non AGM BMS system.. I don't know.
Maybe someone can try it and report back.