LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totalled

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017 | 08:44 PM
|
1st Gear
Default Totalled

Save by my 7100 pound 2012 LR 4 today when a dumptruck full of gravel lost power and brakes on a steep hill by my house and came backwards, out of control towards me. Thankfully I turned so I wasn't hit head on, but it was enough to shatter all the passenger side windows, deploy all airbags and spin me into the neighbors yard my back end hitting a tree. Car is pretty much totaled, but tow truck was still able to start it and drive it onto the lift. Amazing car. Cabin wasn't bent at all, thankfully my kids weren't in it, but they would've been totally fine, besides glass everywhere. Thing is built like a brick ****house, but of course, we all knew that.
I walked away without a scratch. 😁

Amazing car and someone watching out for me today.

Ok, question is, I effing LOVED that car. Bought it new, had 65000m on it. I Just want my car back. Should I look at a 2013 LR4? I HATE the new 'Ford Explorer' disco. I also didn't love the V6 and odd **** shift thing of the 2014 and later LR4...but might be convinced? . point me in the right direction!

Thanks all. Drive safely out there-

Gory pics attached.

30000 pound truck that hit me going backwards about 35-40 mph without power or brakes down a steep hill.

Old 10-03-2017 | 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you are ok, get another LR4 spec'd the way you want it. They are fantastic trucks.