Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

End front prop shaft paranoia

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez, the problem why i have to act like a rocket scientist and a weatherman, is because there is a sound level of stupidity in this forum. I liked your explanation and sure, ok, I'll bite. But then you go on to write with the same certainly to talk about the difference of sealed u-joints vs. ones with zerks! That lends no credibility to your first statement. I now cannot believe the believable (yes, like with cold weather comes cold) I cannot "believe your believable" sounding response. Your a rover mechanic for over 11 years and you claim to know it all but then you have no idea what a sealed u-joint is!? No ffense, but I stay away from rover mechanics for this reason. The only thing I've seen you good at is supporting your boss' ability to empty peoples wallets.

You haven't seen 1 in 11 years? Crazy. Both the british garage in miramar, and california rover in encinitas are well aware of the failure. California rover had one with a smashed tranny that day. The british garage was going to let me put the loop in their waiting room for their clients to poke around with.

But ya man, like i said earlier, I'm passed the condensation bit. If you want to say its not a factor then I'll sit and nod my head with you in agreement. I agree the heat from the cat is #1 and making a heat shield is something that can be made very easily. But i'm not that concerned. And I'm not touting the importance of a condensation shield to try and sell my part. The loop itself is enough.

The know-it-all attitudes from this site are off-putting. Constructive criticism. Not boostful know-it-all attitudes, please.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Drifting
Default Hmmmm....

"LOL'd at last statement also. whats the difference between not servicing a non serviceable part and not servicing a serviceable part? are you going to get more miles out of the EXACT SAME UNIVERSAL on the base that it doesn't have a zerk fitting in it?"

I find that you should never trust a professional. Always seek the opinions of others and do your own research before making a decision. Confidence shouldn't be confused with clarity.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Drifting
Default what you really mean

The "air" that appears inside the u-joint is not pushing anything. What you are trying to talk about is the seperation of the lubricant from the thickener. Essentially the lubricating properties bleeding out with the heat and leaving the stuff that makes grease goopy behind. Talking about air is misleading.
If you still want to go along with the "air-pocket-theory" thats fine. But the heat from the cat will cause the lube to exit first and the "goopy" without lube will cause damage before air does.
I'm not trying to sell my part by replying to these posts. In fact, i have to take it off the market because i've gotten too busy with work leaving me no time to make them. If anyone wants one in the future you'll have to email me for info.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Drifting

I also didn't know the cat is 1,000 degrees....
But i do know that LOL is laugh out loud. Not laugh out loud'd. Sorry you picked on me first.