Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Help with my 03' d2 please! Installed lift and big tires now abs is acting strange...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my 03' d2 please! Installed lift and big tires now abs is acting strange...

OK so I have an 03 discovery se7 with a boat load of miles 200k last weekend I lifted it with some Terrafirma Hd shocks and some eBay 2" lift aluminum blocks as well as a Terrafirma steering dampner. I drove It for probably 400 miles with the factory 255-55/18's on her and she drive fine. One tire was a little worn front right so I figured that plus the old steering dampner were the reasons my truck would wonder on the road. (Ball joints and tierod ends look ok... No lights on the dash or anything like that.
Took it today to get new tires (275/65/18's) and while backing out of the bay the three amigos lit up on the dash. I figured it maybe he tapped an abs sensor or something while putting the wheels on... So I immediately turned the truck off and restarted it. The lights were gone.
On the way home I made a semi-hard break to turn right and the wheels were skidding and I could hear the abs pump working. It came to a stop and I turned onto the street. Later on I tried another semi hard stop and it did the same thing. Skidded the tires no lights came on or anything like that. IT WAS RAINING BUT NOT VERY HARD... I tested it again with an abrupt stop and the abs kicked in again.
Basically I'm wondering if the lift and or bigger tires (causing the speedo to be off) is messing with the abs in some way? Maybe the abs computer thinks I'm trying to stop under a faster speed since the speedo is off about 3-6mph? Or is it circumstance that the abs/sensors is on it's way out? Any help is appreciated!
Aaron