Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   2017 Discovery - New Owners Thread (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/2017-discovery-new-owners-thread-84594/)

2017DiscoveryHSE 07-04-2017 04:24 PM

I know with my BMW M4 and my Jeep the gas MPG was low the first 5 to 10 fill ups. It got back to normal after that. So far on this gas cycle was 15 MPG Average and that was pretty even city/highway. I will have a better estimate this tank.

JB1 07-25-2017 03:52 PM

Another couple of quirky things I am finding:

1. The AEB didn't initially work. Dealer says they fixed it. But, hard to know unless you almost rear end a car.

2. load port cover isn't aligned very well.

3. if you have the 3rd row seating, the area where the seat belt comes out of the car, the plastic cover never stays on. So, when attempting to use the seat belt, the plastic cover sticks to the belt and you have to reach behind to push it down.

4. if you have the sensors for parking around the car, when pulling into a parking space forward, the sensors in the front do not automatically work. You have to go to the touchscreen and manually turn them on.

5. if you have the 360 degree camera, when backing into a spot, it works nicely along with the sensors in the rear. But, immediately going back into drive, the camera goes off. Another manual technique to push the camera button if you are trying to maneuver into a tight space.

6. the volume control works a little odd. When trying to turn the volume of the radio higher or lower, it takes many, many turns to get the volume up or down. The Disco sport volume control works nicely and fast.

Again, quirky stuff. Outside of my serious problems with the dysfunctional AC, the car handles beautiful and rides nice. It would have been nice to have less plastics in the car - but I assume the lux or first edition would take care of that.

LR4Top 07-29-2017 10:55 AM

Tip for InControl Remote App (All-New Discovery)

I was having issues in connecting my vehicle to do a remote start before I get in my vehicle. Here in Texas, the heat is unforgivable and so one day I tried starting my Discovery and it wouldn't connect (it came up with a connection error). It did before when I first bought the vehicle though. I tried everything from rebooting my iPhone to logging out of the app and back in but it still didn't work. Then I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. It finally worked again. I also tested it over my home wifi AND LTE networks without any error. So, if you run into continuous connection issues, delete the app, reinstall and log back in, and it should work fine after that. Enjoy!
:pointup:

rcl4668 10-10-2017 01:02 AM

I posted this in a separate thread as well but I am awaiting a 2017 Discovery HSE with the basic 20'' rims. Anyone out there have a lead on aftermarket rims that will fit our cars? I need to get a set for snow tires.

PaulLR 10-10-2017 08:38 AM

First of all, you are looking for a wheel, not a rim. I would only use Land Rover wheels on your D5, not any aftermarket wheels that claim to fit a D5.

LR has used wheels with a 5 x 120 bolt pattern for many years, so you should confirm that is still the wheel bolt pattern on the D5. Call the parts department at your LR dealer and have them confirm the bolt pattern.

Next is wheel diameter. You can get a D5 with 19" wheels so I presume 19" wheels clear the brake rotors. Better to go with taller and narrower winter tires. Narrower works better in deep snow and more tire sidewall is more wheel protection from deep potholes. See Discount Tire or Tire Rack websites to see which 19" tire size has a diameter that is close to your 20" tires. I suspect it will be 255/55/19.

Finally, go to ebay to look for used 19" LR3 or LR4 wheels. Again, make sure they are OEM wheels. Or get these used wheels from Roverland Parts:
2005-2007 LR3 Wheel - 19 inch - 6 Spoke

Then get a set of Nokian Hakka R2 SUV winter tires.

rcl4668 10-10-2017 12:11 PM

Thanks Paul!

PaulLR 10-10-2017 07:13 PM

Once you confirm that the D5 has a 5 x 120 bolt pattern, these should work for winter tires:

Set of 4- 19" Land RovER LR4 RANGE ROVER Factory Aluminum Wheels Rims OEM | eBay

You will also need to get the correct TPMS sensors for a D5. Probably best to get those from your dealer or a LR dealer that sells them online.

PaulLR 10-11-2017 08:03 AM

If your D5 comes with 255/55/20 tires, then go with 255/60/19 winter tires on 19" wheels.

However, I read that some D5's come with 255/50/20 tires. If so, then go with 255/55/19 winter tires.

The Nokian Hakka R2 SUV comes in these sizes, but order early as Nokian winter tires do sell out.

carvoyeur 11-13-2017 08:28 PM

Hello all,

I am a first time LR owner and have just joined this forum. I recently purchased a 2017 D5 HSE LUX v6 petrol. I just wanted to share some of the ****ling issues I have been seeing and if it is happening with others too:
  1. Infotainment screen would not turn on. Restarting a car usually takes care of this
  2. Extreme lag in infotainment system
  3. I once had an error - "Gearbox issue" but it went after restarting too
  4. My speakers would did not work once. Needed to restart and it worked
  5. The car takes a long time to detect the sim (sometimes it does not)
  6. Error in reverse camera detection
  7. AND NOW - the engine light came on which has resulted in me reaching out to my dealer

I have driven ~2K miles so far. My dealer said the service manager will call me but they will likely provide me a loaner and need to book it for a few weeks. I hope this is another minor glitch and it does not take more than a few hours!

I certainly id not expect this from a ~$80K car to be honest.

carvoyeur

pendergastjm 11-14-2017 08:03 AM

Yes I agree. I have had some real "buggy" things happening with my infotainment system also. So far no solutions or ideas have been posted. Mine goes in for a 15K mile check-up next week. I plan on showing the dealer the weirdness the electronics are displaying.