Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   2018 or 2019 Discovery Diesel HSE? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/2018-2019-discovery-diesel-hse-94240/)

RHD 04-09-2019 01:23 PM

2018 or 2019 Discovery Diesel HSE?

I am starting my shopping for a Discovery Diesel HSE in California. There are more 2018s on the lot than 2019s. I looked to see what the updates were for the 2019. Would I be missing much if I were to get the 2018 if there is a greater discount? Or the upgrades in the 2019 justify the increase in getting a 2019? What kind of discount should I expect? I did some searching here and I read maybe 10-13% off MSRP?

The fifth generation Discovery features a number of enhancements for 2019 including new technology, expanded advanced driver assistance system features, new personalization options and added standard equipment to deliver greater value for customers.
  • SE derivative adds a range of new standard equipment including LED Headlights with Signature DRL, Powered Inner Tailgate, Lane Keep Assist, Reverse Traffic Detection, and more6.
  • New Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) offer increased standard features, plus an optional Drive Pack, Park Pack and Driver Assist Pack, and new standalone features6
  • Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro™ infotainment system features updated interface and layout2
  • New Smartphone Pack, offered as a no cost option, includes Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™4,9
  • New Wade Sensing system provides real-time wading depth information in relation to the vehicle’s max wading depth7, available on HSE and HSE Luxury models
  • New Multi-Function Steering Wheel features intuitive capacitive touch controls
  • Introduction of a new Full Extended Leather Topper as standard on HSE Luxury models
  • Four-Zone Climate Control availability expanded to entry SE models
  • Optional Heated Windshield now available as a standalone option
  • Greater exterior personalization options including, standalone contrast roof in Narvik Black and Corris Grey, and an additional exterior-only Dynamic Pack

EarthSurf 04-09-2019 05:01 PM

I have a 2018 Diesel HSE Lux, didn't want the Lux originally but when I added up packages it just made more sense to buy Lux to include some of the features I wanted. Then I went to order mine but sold my car sooner than expected and had to buy off the lot so then I got even more crap I originally didn't want but now having it for almost a year they are nice. Some of those features are ACC, massaging seats, ebony headliner, and cooler box.

As far as price, there are a couple of threads that address what you should expect and the consensus being around 3-5% off MSRP for new (2019), definitely more for 2018. I would figure out what packages you want/need and figure out which year gives you the best price.

Definitely an awesome SUV, I'm sure you will dig it once you get one.

2019D5 04-10-2019 10:44 AM

We ordered our 2019 HSE Lux TD6 in August of 2018, just after the changeover for orders. Got the car in October 2018. Love it. Got 5% off. We would've taken a 2018 and larger discount if one had been sitting on a lot anywhere in the US as we would've ordered it. But that animal didn't exist. For us it was about getting exactly what we wanted...

RHD 04-12-2019 05:48 PM

I have emailed a couple dealers. I have a deal for a new 2018 Discover HSE TD6. The MSRP is $75,898 and they are willing to do 19% off. Is this a good deal? Should I try to squeeze more out of them?