Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 or 2019 Discovery Diesel HSE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 01:23 PM
RHD
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 or 2019 Discovery Diesel HSE?

I am starting my shopping for a Discovery Diesel HSE in California. There are more 2018s on the lot than 2019s. I looked to see what the updates were for the 2019. Would I be missing much if I were to get the 2018 if there is a greater discount? Or the upgrades in the 2019 justify the increase in getting a 2019? What kind of discount should I expect? I did some searching here and I read maybe 10-13% off MSRP?

The fifth generation Discovery features a number of enhancements for 2019 including new technology, expanded advanced driver assistance system features, new personalization options and added standard equipment to deliver greater value for customers.
  • SE derivative adds a range of new standard equipment including LED Headlights with Signature DRL, Powered Inner Tailgate, Lane Keep Assist, Reverse Traffic Detection, and more6.
  • New Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) offer increased standard features, plus an optional Drive Pack, Park Pack and Driver Assist Pack, and new standalone features6
  • Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro™ infotainment system features updated interface and layout2
  • New Smartphone Pack, offered as a no cost option, includes Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™4,9
  • New Wade Sensing system provides real-time wading depth information in relation to the vehicle’s max wading depth7, available on HSE and HSE Luxury models
  • New Multi-Function Steering Wheel features intuitive capacitive touch controls
  • Introduction of a new Full Extended Leather Topper as standard on HSE Luxury models
  • Four-Zone Climate Control availability expanded to entry SE models
  • Optional Heated Windshield now available as a standalone option
  • Greater exterior personalization options including, standalone contrast roof in Narvik Black and Corris Grey, and an additional exterior-only Dynamic Pack

Old 04-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2018 Diesel HSE Lux, didn't want the Lux originally but when I added up packages it just made more sense to buy Lux to include some of the features I wanted. Then I went to order mine but sold my car sooner than expected and had to buy off the lot so then I got even more crap I originally didn't want but now having it for almost a year they are nice. Some of those features are ACC, massaging seats, ebony headliner, and cooler box.

As far as price, there are a couple of threads that address what you should expect and the consensus being around 3-5% off MSRP for new (2019), definitely more for 2018. I would figure out what packages you want/need and figure out which year gives you the best price.

Definitely an awesome SUV, I'm sure you will dig it once you get one.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We ordered our 2019 HSE Lux TD6 in August of 2018, just after the changeover for orders. Got the car in October 2018. Love it. Got 5% off. We would've taken a 2018 and larger discount if one had been sitting on a lot anywhere in the US as we would've ordered it. But that animal didn't exist. For us it was about getting exactly what we wanted...

Old 04-12-2019, 05:48 PM
RHD
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have emailed a couple dealers. I have a deal for a new 2018 Discover HSE TD6. The MSRP is $75,898 and they are willing to do 19% off. Is this a good deal? Should I try to squeeze more out of them?