Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts
Default 2021 model year Discovery V Updates and "face lift"

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...very-revealed/

And

https://www.motor1.com/news/453209/2...very-facelift/

Different motors added to the line up is the major thing. I used pivi pro in the Defender and didn't see a huge difference... maybe I'm missing something. We have the interactive driver display and our home screen is already customizable. These articles are saying that the disco now supports over the air upgrades... am I missing something in this too? I thought my 2020 has OTA updates.
Interior...It will now get the same chunky steering wheel (with the dymanic changing button icons which we already have) and shift lever (vs rotary gear selector) that the Defender currently has as well... which were two things I liked less about the Defender than the Disco... some may prefer it The Dynamic package looks to be what the 2020 Landmark Edition was with the full black accents package included. The 2nd row ac slot vents have been moved from the b-pillar to the center console. No idea how big of a deal this is. We have the b-pillar slot vents and the package with vents on the ceiling as well. It may be welcome to those without the roof ac.
As far as the exterior, maybe someone has more discerning eyes than I do... I see what I guess is a minorly different grille. I see the difference in the fender inserts. I can't see a difference in the headlights compared to mine... or a difference in rear trim.
edit... looks like they added sweeping led blinkers?

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 11-10-2020 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Fix links
Old 11-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The Land Rover Canada website already has it up on their Build section. No diesel and if Pivi Pro is like the Defender, no 5G. No 5 seater option. And couldn't tell for sure but the hitch looked different.

Old 11-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Rock Crawling

Found more in my google stream

https://www.netcarshow.com/land_rover/2021-discovery/

And

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...MDt?li=BBnb4R5

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 11-10-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Add another
Old 11-10-2020, 05:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

My LR guy mentioned that there may be a possibility to upgrade our In-Touch Pro system with the new Pivi software.
So after a while I'll see if that's possible.

The following users liked this post:
angelboing (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 11:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I really like that brown color, it’s not the current silicon color right? The exterior and interior changes keeps it looking fresh. The hybrid V6 is the only change I really desire.

I swear I have seen those new spiked vent fins for sale on ebay for the last year.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:47 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by DeusMexMachina
I swear I have seen those new spiked vent fins for sale on ebay for the last year.
you have. I think they are the same as before but they paint part of it body colored... they look like they're from the same mold as mine except that mine all black.

Old 11-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
My LR guy mentioned that there may be a possibility to upgrade our In-Touch Pro system with the new Pivi software.
I hope that's the case! My understanding is that Pivi runs on a newer Blackberry QNX & Qualcomm hardware and software stack. About the only benefit I've read about todate has been the two modems, so OTAP doesn't affect other uses, however neither of which is 5G. Moonshot for JLR should have been one sat comms modem given the purported Defender demographic.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:55 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
yeah, not likely. there is a whole new subsystem and wiring architecture.

No diesel is a real bummer. Guess they don't want to bother certifying the new MHEV models for here.

The following users liked this post:
Drake Anderson (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 07:13 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

The changes to the exterior are very subtle in my opinion. In regards to the interior, I think the rotary twist dial shifter that goes up and down is much more luxurious and cool than on the new 2021 model. I also think the steering wheel in the current model is more luxurious than the upcoming 2021 model. I think the new steering wheel is perfect in the Defender--more rugged/utilitarian but not as luxurious in the Disco. In terms of the Pivi Pro infotainment system, I do have it in my Defender. It is quicker on start up (comes on instantly) and is more responsive than on the Disco current system; however, it is very buggy. The satellite radio system locks on me once or twice a week and I have to reboot it. Also, on the navigation system, it frequently will lose my home/work addresses after I program them in. It has a few other bugs too. But I am sure that over time, they will get the bugs out. I am actually OK with the infotainment system in the current Disco, but if they can get the bugs out of the Pivi Pro system, it would be an improvement.
----------------------------------------------------------
2020 Defender 110 First Edition Indus Silver (Current)
2020 Discovery HSE Luxury Si6 Fuji White (Current)
2015 RRS Autobiography Fuji White (Former)
2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White (Former)
2008 LR2 Fuji White (Former)

The following 2 users liked this post by Tucker Woods:
angelboing (11-12-2020), spyderbret (01-22-2021)
Old 11-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

On my LR3, I really liked being able to tap the shifter to the left to engage (sport mode I think) and it would downshift one gear. This was perfect for an easy downshift on a downhill road.
I miss that with my D5. I know I can do this by rotating the shifter **** to sport mode, but it isn't as easy as on the LR3. It's a longer reach and not as easy.
I also know I can do this with the paddle shifters but I still like that shifter from the LR3.

Quick Reply: 2021 model year Discovery V Updates and "face lift"