Sponsored by:

Apple CarPlay and Rear Seat Entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 05:45 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apple CarPlay and Rear Seat Entertainment

Hi all,

New member with 2018 Discovery V Lux. I am contemplating upgrading to Apple CarPlay but was curious how it affects the rear seat entertainment. For example, if I am using Waze up front and kids want to look at navigation on rear monitors, will it show Waze or the embedded factory navigation? If factory navigation, any problem using both at the same time? Kids like to watch the map and less “are we there yet”.

Thanks for any insight.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:26 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dadonthemove
Hi all,

New member with 2018 Discovery V Lux. I am contemplating upgrading to Apple CarPlay but was curious how it affects the rear seat entertainment. For example, if I am using Waze up front and kids want to look at navigation on rear monitors, will it show Waze or the embedded factory navigation? If factory navigation, any problem using both at the same time? Kids like to watch the map and less “are we there yet”.

Thanks for any insight.
Hi,

I just read your post about your Rear Seat Entertainment and wanted to ask if you would be interested in the following study: For our client, we are looking for interview participants who have a built-in Rear Seat Entertainment in their car. We would like to talk to you about your Rear Seat Entertainment and how your passengers use it.

The main criteria that must be met to participate in the interview:

- The car should be no more than three years old

- The car must have a built-in rear seat entertainment system

- The rear seat entertainment should be used frequently

Interview details:

- The interview will last max. 2 hours

- Your participation will be sufficiently compensated

- The interviews will take place until mid-December

- If possible, we would also like to interview a passenger who often rides with you for 30-45 minutes (the incentive will increase accordingly).

I work for an innovation agency, HYVE Innovate GmbH in Munich, Germany, and would be happy to answer any further questions you may have about the interview. Feel free to reply here if you are interested. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Soe