New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Loadspace Cover / trunk mat for 7 seater?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 08:26 PM
Drifting
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Best Loadspace Cover / trunk mat for 7 seater?

I didn't find any threads covering this specifically. Do y'all have a favorite trunk mat? Are there any that don't obstruct the 2 two rear seats from opening? My OEM LR3 rubber mat was very well made and durable, but it blocked the rear seats and was a pain to try to fold up when those seats were up.

I like the look of the OEM loadspace cover and extension but can't find much on them. I just ordered the Tuxmat for floor mats, but they don't make a trunk mat yet.

https://www.myroverparts.com/oem-parts/land-rover-loadspace-rubber-mat-ebony-vplrs0373pvj?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAiA7IGcBhA8EiwA FfUDsQczDMM9mIzdD2MEJsD8tbgBSt-4d9f6vyLdwqEjJ76lv2KocebmhhoCDSMQAvD_BwE

Old 11-26-2022, 12:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Tux mat is amazing I have the weather teach rear liner I bought a full set for 160$ great deal but it is a pain when I'm using the 3rd row to fold it out but it works amazingly.

The following users liked this post:
TheManMac (11-26-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 08:03 PM
Drifting

I came across this and it looks like a great option for folding rear seats Canvasback - https://www.canvasback.com/land-rove...go-liners.html - they have a pic with the 3rd row half down and up. Priced at $269

I ordered this North American Custom Cover which looks like it has more coverage (up the sides) but might not let the rear seats fold back. It's a lot less at $101 https://www.northamericancustomcover...pr_seq=uniform
- I'll let y'all know how this one turns out.

Old 01-31-2023, 07:13 PM
Drifting

CanvasBack's trunk liner is a great product. Quality materials are used, and they are reasonably thick and well stitched, $270. It's not the same ruggedness as a quarter inch thick slab of rubber like I had with my OEM LR3 mat. I really like that the back seats can fold back without having to reposition or remove anythingbb(PITA with the LR3 rubber mat). I purchased the side covers ($65) and specified that I have 3rd row HVAC. They fit well around the control panel and vent. There is a split down the middle so the seats can operate - use a towel if you have a really messy load. 25 min install. Expensive, but I didn't see a better option for 3rd row functionality.

I didn't go with the quilted North American Custom Covers trunk liner because it completely covers the 3rd row and you must remove it before you can access the seats. It does offer more complete coverage if that's what you need. Haven't installed. Looked like a hassle 😂 It's about $100

For seat covers, I'm using the North American Custom Covers 2nd row covers. They are a tight fit and seem well stitched. Thinner material than the CanvasBack. If you have covers on the 2nd row seats, there's really no point in using the 2nd row seat back liner that comes with the CanvasBack kit. 10min install. Comes with head covers that I have not used. ~$100

Floor mat - I used TuxMat for 1st and 2nd rows. Quality seems high. I like the coverage a lot more than the OEM rubber mats which don't go behind the pedals. These go far up the sides, so you don't risk getting mud on the carpet underneath. Seems like it will hold up well. The glossy look is a little weird, but 🤷. I don't like that the foot vents are blocked in the 2nd row, specifically the one that blows towards your heels, under the 2nd row seat. I can get over that and don't ever sit in the 2nd row anyways. 10min install. $136 seemed like a great price.

CanvasBack overview in a 2018 Discovery 5 HSE with 3rd row optioned

Unfettered 3rd row access with the press of a button.

Nice tailgate flap cover

Reasonably good access to the panel. Vent not blocked.

Northamericancustomcovers.com

TuxMat driver's side

TuxMat 2nd row