Sponsored by:

boot opened with a gesture

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default boot opened with a gesture

Hello everyone and greetings from Poland
Sorry for my english, i help myself with google translator.

I have such a small problem. is it normal for a cat or dog to open the trunk with a gesture that opens with a gesture, even when the car moves? I'm terrified of this ... It's dangerous. After leaving the car, the child was almost hit by the tailgate because our cat had come to say hello. I have a low garage and every time in the morning - when I enter the garage from home and when I enter in the evening I have fear or sometimes the cat will not get under the car and the opening hatch will not interfere with the design of the garage door ... In Poland, even in a Skoda car, this is better solved. LR Discovery car for $ 100,000 and the trunk opening system is a misunderstanding ...The service has it in the *** and wants money for turning off this system, claiming that the car menu can not be done ...
This is a new discovery, I love it but I didn't expect such things.
For now, it's poor quality of the paint (EU directive) and this trunk killed me ...
Best regards to all LR Discovery fans
Marek Regards

Old 12-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is interesting. I too wonder about the gesture control. Although I haven't had any issues, I often back into my parking spot which backs up to a concrete wall. I don't think there are any sensors on the tailgate that would stop it if the gesture control was somehow triggered and the tailgate began to open.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

The tailgate will only open if the key is very close. I suspect the transmission has to be in park too.
Interesting your cat walking by managed to open it as most people struggle to make it work, lol!
I would put a piece of carpet or foam on the back of the garage door where the door would hit it if you’re worried. I’m lucky as there is just enough space inside my garage to open the tailgate with the garage door closed.
It’s an interesting point and I’m curious how you say other manufacturers have solved it?

Old 12-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

I can't remember but can't we set the height of the maximum opening of the tailgate? I sometimes have trouble opening it with a kick gesture but I have opened it once or twice just walking by it when I didn't want it to open. I find it hard to believe that it would open while the vehicle is in motion though. That would be a definite safety hazard.
Maybe there is a fuse just for the gesture sensors which would allow the power tailgate to still operate with a switch. I'll look at my service manual for it.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

please try fuse 49 in rear junction box as shown in attached file

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
page 14908.pdf (315.5 KB, 786 views)
Old 12-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by disco5fl
This is interesting. I too wonder about the gesture control. Although I haven't had any issues, I often back into my parking spot which backs up to a concrete wall. I don't think there are any sensors on the tailgate that would stop it if the gesture control was somehow triggered and the tailgate began to open.
You have to be careful. I have a similar situation in the garage. I have only 15cm from the front to the wall and from the back to the garage gate.
And believe me, nothing I have written is fiction. These are the situations that took place and I described them as they happened. And this should never happen in a car for so much money.

I managed to open the trunk while wiping the water under the rear wheel when the car was standing in the garage after the rain ...

Old 12-09-2019, 01:37 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
please try fuse 49 in rear junction box as shown in attached file
Thank you. Only the problem is different. It is not me who should remove the propbl individually, but the service should do it. BTW, I paid for this trunk opening function, now I have to deactivate it because it turned out to be dangerous? Will LR refund my paid gesture for the opening function?

Old 12-09-2019, 01:47 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
I can't remember but can't we set the height of the maximum opening of the tailgate? I sometimes have trouble opening it with a kick gesture but I have opened it once or twice just walking by it when I didn't want it to open. I find it hard to believe that it would open while the vehicle is in motion though. That would be a definite safety hazard.
Maybe there is a fuse just for the gesture sensors which would allow the power tailgate to still operate with a switch. I'll look at my service manual for it.
You may not believe it but it happened. Maybe the cat ran when the car was still standing and I was just starting. One thing is for sure. No animal should cause the tailgate to open, Imagine you have a small child, pull them out of the car and suddenly a cat or dog runs up to say hello and shortens the path running to you under the car, and you turn around and you don't see the tailgate the trunk hits your child ... There can be many such situations. I wrote above that I wiped the water that leaked after rain from under the wheels in the tight garage and the hatch opened. I could barely stop her. I don't think it is about stressing me and my family by suddenly opening the hatch for $ 100,000. These are jokes ...

I wrote to the distributor, I don't know how it is in the USA, for example, but in Poland probably nobody will deal with it. They'll turn the problem into a joke. I wrote it to you only to warn anyone who paid for the trunk that opened with a gesture.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:51 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LoneStarLR
It’s an interesting point and I’m curious how you say other manufacturers have solved it?
I don't know it. Maybe a different logic of action was used after motion detection? Because the sensor detects the presence next to the car and movement under the car (kick to open) - a good solution, as it turns out - it is not.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

with just a little tongue in cheek from this dog lover . . . remove the cat!!

Quick Reply: boot opened with a gesture