Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coding, Programming Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 07:51 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coding, Programming Anyone?

I have an Audi and BMW, and I have the coding software for each, allowing me to program different things or enable hidden features. I used CarlyBMW, BimmerCode, and Ross Tech VCDS. Is anyone aware of such a thing for Land Rover Discovery 5? I'm curious to see if there is anything that I'm missing out on.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did some research on this a few days ago. Need a DOIP device to communicate with, in addition, a special software is also needed...
Also came from VW, VCDS can do a lot.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Denkodt
I have an Audi and BMW, and I have the coding software for each, allowing me to program different things or enable hidden features. I used CarlyBMW, BimmerCode, and Ross Tech VCDS. Is anyone aware of such a thing for Land Rover Discovery 5? I'm curious to see if there is anything that I'm missing out on.
This is slowly becoming available now, Pathfinder is available and you can register online as an independent and get access to it, you will also see the DOIP interfaces available now including some clones.

I have the genuine interface and software, I only got it to be able to enable Activity Key and Deploy-able Sidesteps, also from an Audi background where I enabled lots of my S5, thankfully I have most of what I wanted on the Disco though and I got the DOIP at a very good price so I could probably sell it afterwards at a profit.

Old 08-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

How about retrofitting LED headlamps? I’m stuck with halogens.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by DustyLBottoms
How about retrofitting LED headlamps? I’m stuck with halogens.
someone know if is possibile upgrade from Halogens to Led headlamps?
i have try to ask at the LR dealer but it said is possibile only at the order.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:21 AM
2nd Gear

Hi. I realise your post is August 2020. But in July 2021 I’m struggling to find someone to enable the Activity Key for me (got the wrist strap & fitted the module in the tailgate; just need coded now). Could you itemise what kit you got to enable your Activity Key? Is it obvious what to do? I’m desperate and the only info I’ve found that makes sense is your info!! Thanks.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Revbentham
Hi. I realise your post is August 2020. But in July 2021 I’m struggling to find someone to enable the Activity Key for me (got the wrist strap & fitted the module in the tailgate; just need coded now). Could you itemise what kit you got to enable your Activity Key? Is it obvious what to do? I’m desperate and the only info I’ve found that makes sense is your info!! Thanks.
Probably the best place to get one is direct, most likely the cheapest also, then you just need a Topix subscription so you can login.

https://jlrequipment.service-solutio...LR-DOIP-VCI-WF

Really easy to do then, you can download the Pathfinder software from JLR and it's a wizard to activate the activity key. Activating the activity key takes about 10 minutes, it takes longer to connect to the car and it do it's start-up scan than actually activating the key.

Old 07-08-2021, 11:42 AM
2nd Gear

Thank you for your prompt reply. So I could use Pathfinder (with Topix / subscription) on my MS Surface running windows 10 and plug in the DOIP you advised?
is coding the activity key obvious in the software?

Old 08-20-2022, 08:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Revbentham
Thank you for your prompt reply. So I could use Pathfinder (with Topix / subscription) on my MS Surface running windows 10 and plug in the DOIP you advised?
is coding the activity key obvious in the software?
Bumping an old thread, because I'm doing this too. I set up a Topix account (thank you USA, Right to Repair Act), and am trying to source the JLR-DOIP-VCI-WF... It's back ordered until February unfortunately.

This is basically all you need... Can do a daily subscription for Topix access...

Topix Account

JLR-DOIP-VCI-WF (head)

Last edited by sna77; 08-20-2022 at 08:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sna77:
christianmotox (09-01-2022), gmfain (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 01:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, please let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Coding, Programming Anyone?