Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few annoying issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 11:40 AM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Few annoying issues

Car is great, however there few annoying issues.
1) I have an USB stick with few thousands of my favourites . when you play music from USB Stick MP3, play position don't resume after car stop start. sometimes it does resume well , mostly if engine was stopped for a short time. , but manly after the car start it starts from the first track
2) when you have heated seats turned on at the certain level, and stop start the car (inside or remotely ) seats heating got turned off . dont resume the las settings before off.
sometimes it does resume well , mostly if engine was stopped for a short time or after remote start . , but manly not
3) same with the wheel heating
4) same with the adaptive cruse control distance settings.

I think this issues all over LR and Range rovers lines , and clients pay 2 times more for some of that cars

looks like there is some stupid master reset happening that makes car not comfortable to start and it takes time to set all back to way it was when you left it .

Does everyone have same issues?
is there a way to bring it to LR attention ?

Old 02-23-2020, 03:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

On mine (2018) the heated seats and steering wheel come back on after a short pause but reset to off after a longer time. Makes sense to me as I may no longer need them and so quick to put back on. Same on my other cars

ACC defaults to the largest gap each time which I find irritating. I'd rather it just goes back to wherever it was last set. But I guess that's overly cautious safety settings...

Not sure about memory stick. I use Spotify on Bluetooth and that starts up where it left off.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Drifting

When it is 0F cold and you start car in the morning you will wish that your seat and wheel get hot asap when you jump in the car
all other car brands I used restore climate and heated seats and media and cruise control settings well.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Everyone has different preferences.
I wouldn’t want the heated steering wheel and seats to come on this warmish afternoon when I get in the car just because I left them on when I got out this morning and it was cold.
I think the car resets everything after 20 or 30 minutes which is why software problems go away as the system is essentially cold booting. Presumably that’s why you also lose the heating settings you mentioned and presumably you don’t if you restart the car within that time frame.
Mine seems to carry on playing my YouTube music streaming from Apple CarPlay even when I get back in the following day, however it doesn’t carry on from the same point in a track. Not sure how useful that would really be, although I can see it being important for podcasts or audiobooks I suppose...
I also noticed the adaptive cruise resets to longest distance. Annoying but probably a safety measure given the world we live in. Much like turning off the auto start/stop when I fire up the engine, I instinctively set the distance when turning on the adaptive cruise.

Last edited by LoneStarLR; 02-23-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

I am happy not to have adaptive cruise. I had it in a loaner and didn't like it. I'd be cruising along, let's say 10mph over the limit. Come up behind a car doing 5 over. And before I noticed, I'm doing 5 over also. If I'd noticed I'd have changed lanes and passed the other car. But it takes a moment to notice I'm no longer going the speed I intended.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:02 PM
Drifting

yes the LR ACC is worst i've seen compare to Toyota and Subaru, but useful on the highway for me if you set it to the limit you need

Old 02-24-2020, 07:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by chouck
When it is 0F cold and you start car in the morning you will wish that your seat and wheel get hot asap when you jump in the car
all other car brands I used restore climate and heated seats and media and cruise control settings well.
Not sure I see the issue. When I start the car and it's cold I press seats and wheel on. They warm up just as fast as if it turned it on for me. But I prefer to have the choice.
You can also pre warm them via the app

Old 02-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BritCars
You can also pre warm them via the app
I dont have such option in the inControl app
I can only set air temperature
You have these options in app?

Old 02-25-2020, 09:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

You can pre warm the cabin, I don’t see an option for the seats or wheel either.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:38 AM
Drifting

But the damm infortament is rebooting few times a day , sometimes on its own sometimes during Bluetooth calls
this is a known issue? and LR dont care?

Quick Reply: Few annoying issues