New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IIDTool BT

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

I have a full size 32 inch tire beneath. I’d have to look to see if another inch bigger would fit.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:58 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
I have a full size 32 inch tire beneath. I’d have to look to see if another inch bigger would fit.
Yes, thanks! I can’t quite tell.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

I think you could get a tire with a 32 inch maximum diameter underneath. Mine is 31.8 inches diameter per the specs and it appears I could go only about 0.25 inch larger before it wouldn't fit. There's about 0.75 inch extra space on the sides between the tire and some metallic heat shields that could possibly be bent to make more room but the front/back looks like the limiting location. There's some plastic cover between the tire and the tow bar that might be able to be cut to gain extra space but I'm not sure if there's a gap between the plastic cover and the tow bar.

Old 02-16-2020, 11:15 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
I think you could get a tire with a 32 inch maximum diameter underneath. Mine is 31.8 inches diameter per the specs and it appears I could go only about 0.25 inch larger before it wouldn't fit. There's about 0.75 inch extra space on the sides between the tire and some metallic heat shields that could possibly be bent to make more room but the front/back looks like the limiting location. There's some plastic cover between the tire and the tow bar that might be able to be cut to gain extra space but I'm not sure if there's a gap between the plastic cover and the tow bar.
Thanks for checking that. I am already using space on my roof rack, and I would rather not have the tire up there. More deciding to do...

Old 02-17-2020, 03:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I checked with guys and they are of the same mind that a 33” won’t make it under there.

Sorry for the slow response we were out at Winter Romp

Old 02-18-2020, 06:51 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Sales@lk8parts.com
I checked with guys and they are of the same mind that a 33” won’t make it under there.

Sorry for the slow response we were out at Winter Romp
No worries. I appreciate you checking on this, too. I know it’s not ideal (borderline bad?) but what’s the thought of keeping a 32” spare and only going slow for a short distance? Although it may not be a short distance from where I’ll be...

@Sales@lk8parts.com - how was the event?

Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Could you use a 32” as a spare, sure but I have a funny feeling your dash might look like this....

Winter Romp is one of the best events in the Rover world. The trails are top notch, the people are even better and the Waterville bar crawl is an experience that has to be seen to believe.

We had a great time out on the trail. I was absolutely floored that Justin was right about how good a little LR2 was off road. That thing was point and shoot good.

You need to get the D5 out there next year, even if you just drive to the power line and climb in with a Rover that is passing by to hit the trail it’s worth the run. ArmyRover I think drove the farthest at 1100-1200 miles just to get to Romp.

Our video of Winter Romp should be done and posted up on Instagram tomorrow be sure to pop over and check it out. Matt does a great job with the footage of the events

Last edited by Sales@lk8parts.com; 02-19-2020 at 06:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BchBum11511 (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Sales@lk8parts.com
Could you use a 32” as a spare, sure but I have a funny feeling your dash might look like this....

Winter Romp is one of the best events in the Rover world. The trails are top notch, the people are even better and the Waterville bar crawl is an experience that has to be seen to believe.

We had a great time out on the trail. I was absolutely floored that Justin was right about how good a little LR2 was off road. That thing was point and shoot good.

You need to get the D5 out there next year, even if you just drive to the power line and climb in with a Rover that is passing by to hit the trail it’s worth the run. ArmyRover I think drove the farthest at 1100-1200 miles just to get to Romp.

Our video of Winter Romp should be done and posted up on Instagram tomorrow be sure to pop over and check it out. Matt does a great job with the footage of the events
I’ll look into this for next year. That’s quite the drive, @ArmyRover 😁

Old 02-19-2020, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,540 Likes on 1,263 Posts

You know it’s funny I’ve been a mod on this forum for 8 years and I’m still not used to the new software. I’m like what is this tagged alert on my phone. I think it’s someone complaining about a post lol

I did just shy of 2500 miles, in the LR3 there, on the trails and back home to Georgia in time for duty on Tuesday. I had a blast even when I got pulled out a couple times by a LR2 lol. I hadn’t gotten my winch repaired and reinstalled in time for Romp.

The best part of the newer generations of Land Rovers is that they are reliable enough to do thousands of miles in a 4-5 day period. On or Off road, reliable and comfortable at 75 mph getting 15 mpg

Old 02-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
You know it’s funny I’ve been a mod on this forum for 8 years and I’m still not used to the new software. I’m like what is this tagged alert on my phone. I think it’s someone complaining about a post lol

I did just shy of 2500 miles, in the LR3 there, on the trails and back home to Georgia in time for duty on Tuesday. I had a blast even when I got pulled out a couple times by a LR2 lol. I hadn’t gotten my winch repaired and reinstalled in time for Romp.

The best part of the newer generations of Land Rovers is that they are reliable enough to do thousands of miles in a 4-5 day period. On or Off road, reliable and comfortable at 75 mph getting 15 mpg
I didn’t realize it was in Maine. That is a hike! I’m next door in Alabama, so that drive is not very appealing...

This is my first LR and I’m coming from a rather upgraded ‘99 Wrangler. It’s just night and day difference. I took mine to the LR school in NC last year after having it about six months and was blown away with the capability it has stock and still drive like a luxury car daily. I’m really impressed!

Quick Reply: IIDTool BT