Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InTouch 20C update; (fixed) squeak from seat area on Td6 diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 08:55 AM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts
Default InTouch 20C update; (fixed) squeak from seat area on Td6 diesel

My tailgate started to rub so I took that as the lynchpin to finally bring my MY20 HSE Lux Td6 that I ordered in December 2019 and took delivery at the end of April earlier this year (2020), into the new JLR dealer in North Austin and have them look for where the most annoying squeak I have had since I took delivery of the vehicle with 11 miles on it may be coming from. For a moment they began to think it was a couple of idler pullies coming from under the hood but I reiterated that I had lived with this for 6,900 miles now and I strongly believe that the squeak is just not coming from under the hood. I suggested that maybe it's coming from the driver's seat somewhere where maybe there is some metal on metal touching, and so they actually did remove the seat and verify if that was it or not. I was impressed that they took the time to verify that. After verifying that was not the issue, they then put it on the lift in the garage and tapped on the exhaust components until finding the squeak to emanate from what they referred to as a DPF line contacting a bolt. Overall I was very happy with that resolution.

I know the earlier years (MY18~) had a service bulletin on the tailgate and that it is apparently just an adjustment (lower striker,) I'd like to learn more about that if anyone has a bulletin number as I fear it may not be the last time I may need to make that adjustment. And while I was in there, I asked if they could push the latest InTouch infotainment update to my vehicle for which they did, so that when it was returned to me I was able to download and install the latest S20C update. Part of the improvements with this update are to the SOTA update process, so hopefully, that will all work better in the future.

Overall very happy with my dealer in North Austin. Great facility and great people.

Last edited by AirRyan; 11-06-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:11 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Nice. Glad to here you got good service... that's where my aunts Rovers all came from.

Old 11-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
The following 3 users liked this post by Drake Anderson:
AirRyan (11-07-2020), canon_mutant (11-06-2020), gmfain (11-09-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

My 2017 shows I have 20B software now, last update was August 2020.
I clicked on update and it starts checking for updates and just searches for many, many minutes then exits the search.
I suspect I will be able to do 20C later, maybe it's not my turn yet.

Also, here's a question:
When my warranty expires so does the included cellular service on my SIM card for In-Touch.
If I don't buy the AT&T $10 per month plan, is there another way to get my Over The Air updates?
Can I somehow use my cell phone to make a hot spot and get the D5 to go through it?
I have Verizon on my cell phone.
Thanks for your help.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

Think you can just connect the Disco to your home WiFi and have it update that way. As far as I know the updates will use the WiFi if connected. But I'm not certain.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks,
Anyone know how to connect to home wifi?

Old 11-12-2020, 04:53 AM
Winching
Received 361 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
Thanks,
Anyone know how to connect to home wifi?
Wi-Fi connectivity:

Select ON to enable Wi-Fi.

Select Add to view any Wi-Fi networks in range.

To connect to an unknown network, select the network name. When the Wi-Fi network is password protected, a keyboard displays to allow entry of the password.

To connect to a known network, select the network and touch Connect, or to forget this network, touch Forget.

To connect to a hidden network, select Add Network from the network list. Enter the Network Name, Security Type, and Password, and press Connect.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks, I'll look for this tomorrow.
I never before noticed a place to select Wi-Fi on or off on my Touch Pro screen menus.
(I'm not illiterate, I know how to do all this on a phone or laptop or other wifi enabled device, just never saw the option on my D5).

Old 11-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

On mine you click settings > all settings > connectivity and that gives options for Bluetooth, mobile, WiFi and hotspot

Old 11-13-2020, 10:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle

• Thanks. It worked. First time I tried clicking on connectivity it said unavailable but it did work a minute later. Found and downloaded update successfully over WiFi. Installing it now. Wish it had a progress bar during download and installation.

The following users liked this post:
gmfain (11-13-2020)

Quick Reply: InTouch 20C update; (fixed) squeak from seat area on Td6 diesel