Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPhone won’t connect via USB

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
Default IPhone won’t connect via USB

Every once in a while my iPhone would have issues connecting via Bluetooth and I realized it was a power issue. If the battery was dead you couldn’t get it to stay connected till it had charged a little.

now after months of hassle free use the thing hasn’t connected in three days. Full charged, new cables, old cables, different ports, still won’t connect. Has anyone else had issues like this and how was it resolved? It will charge and the phone will show plugged in but the touchscreen shows a usb connection failure and to try again.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 140 Likes on 120 Posts

Are you connecting Bluetooth or CarPlay - it wasn't clear. BT has been seamless for me. On CarPlay it sometimes doesn't connect properly if I drive somewhere. Stop briefly (and don't fully shut down and lock the car) then drive again. Just once in a while. But locking the car and restarting the iPhone has fixed it on the rare occasion I've seen that.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BritCars
Are you connecting Bluetooth or CarPlay - it wasn't clear. BT has been seamless for me. On CarPlay it sometimes doesn't connect properly if I drive somewhere. Stop briefly (and don't fully shut down and lock the car) then drive again. Just once in a while. But locking the car and restarting the iPhone has fixed it on the rare occasion I've seen that.
typo on my part I mean I’m using USB I never use Bluetooth unless the usb won’t connect

Old 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM
Rock Crawling

im thinking of going and unplugging the battery

Old 09-03-2021, 09:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yes. All I can suggest is fully lock car and reboot phone. Else try a different cable and clean out the phone lightning connector port with compressed air.
Failing all that reboot the car by pulling battery

I assume your software is up to date? (Phone and car)?

Old 09-05-2021, 02:44 PM
Rock Crawling

Yes. All I can suggest is fully lock car and reboot phone. Else try a different cable and clean out the phone lightning connector port with compressed air.
Failing all that reboot the car by pulling battery

I assume your software is up to date? (Phone and car)?
software is up to date on everything, have tried several cables, both USB ports. Phone charges but doesn’t connect. I don’t know if it’s from the past apple update or not. Going to unhook the battery terminals and let her sit for a bit today.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 164 Posts

Try another phone

Old 09-12-2021, 12:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Battery disconnect and letting it sit for a bit fixed the issue

Old 09-12-2021, 07:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Great!

Old 09-21-2021, 12:10 AM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replied to someone else on this forum, this is a bug from InControl Touch Pro (latest version) and CarPlay. This turned me nuts too but someone found a workaround, that actually works for me: You need to have your Phone with at least 50% of battery left otherwise you will enter in a Connect/Disconnect loop with CarPlay. And it works. Each time my phone is below 50% it craps out, above 50% everything is solid as a rock and I never disconnect.

I found this trick on RangeRover.net forum someone with a L405 had the same issue and another guy advised to be at least running an iPhone with 40% battery. In my case, it only works around 45~50% minimum.

Quick Reply: IPhone won’t connect via USB