Sponsored by:

Land Rover SD4 - awful engine noise and shakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 05:15 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover SD4 - awful engine noise and shakes

Hello,

probably you have more petrols than diesels but I will try to ask you about help

I have 2.0 SD4 240HP MY2017 with about 55k km.

I have significant problem with my engine. When I start it in the morning - engine must be cold - I hear awful sounds. Idle drops down, everything shakes - engine and body. But it takes about 30-60 seconds.

You can see it below:

The second thing is that after that I come in the car and turn on all electrics (the same situation as in winter when after start all heatings turns on automatically) - AC, heating front and rear window, maximum fans - and I have the similar situation. No awful sounds from engine but idle waves and everything shakes. And again - it takes about 30 s and stops.

You can see it below:

First was unstable idle with all electrics (I noticed it in the winter) then appeared noisy engine (was about a month ago) and now I have third symptom which - I'm sure - is related to both earliers.

The whole body shakes while driving but when I stop on red, for example. Idle is stable, no noise from engine but vibrations are perceptible. And they occurs unsystematically. And I feel that there are a little bit more vibrations when accelerating from low RPM (a second before the gear is shifted down).

Something is wrong.

Would be very appreciate for your suggestions.

Greetings.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 157 Likes on 125 Posts

I'd start by pulling the codes to see what the engine is telling you. An auto parts store can usually do it for you if you don't have a code reader
Post them back here.

Old 10-16-2023, 06:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Did you get this sorted?

Originally Posted by mpudlo
Hello,

probably you have more petrols than diesels but I will try to ask you about help

I have 2.0 SD4 240HP MY2017 with about 55k km.

I have significant problem with my engine. When I start it in the morning - engine must be cold - I hear awful sounds. Idle drops down, everything shakes - engine and body. But it takes about 30-60 seconds.

You can see it below:
https://youtu.be/Pr5jpW4IjPg

The second thing is that after that I come in the car and turn on all electrics (the same situation as in winter when after start all heatings turns on automatically) - AC, heating front and rear window, maximum fans - and I have the similar situation. No awful sounds from engine but idle waves and everything shakes. And again - it takes about 30 s and stops.

You can see it below:

https://youtu.be/Lh_kkgXzjtg

First was unstable idle with all electrics (I noticed it in the winter) then appeared noisy engine (was about a month ago) and now I have third symptom which - I'm sure - is related to both earliers.

The whole body shakes while driving but when I stop on red, for example. Idle is stable, no noise from engine but vibrations are perceptible. And they occurs unsystematically. And I feel that there are a little bit more vibrations when accelerating from low RPM (a second before the gear is shifted down).

Something is wrong.

Would be very appreciate for your suggestions.

Greetings.
Hi - did you get this sorted, I have the same problem but no error codes when checked. Thank you.

Old 11-26-2023, 12:24 PM
7th Gear

Hello friends,

it was in 2021. My "new" refirbished engine replaced in service under warranty has already over 75 kkm. Oil changes every 15 kkm...

But the same problems have just arrived again...

The same issue, the same symptoms... but no warranty...

The worst car I ever had...